May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (GeorgeGibbs505), 223 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,518
Posts545,701
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
EDM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
I would much rather have a four oh frame .410 than this gunbroker gun. I have a 28 gauge double oh frame DHE Repro, don't need another. The gunbroker gun is a really nice gun, but not for $32,000.

Bill: Other than .410-inch bore size (that few people wanted when four-tens were in current production), what exactly do you get in a 0000-marked-barrel Repro-Parker-gun that adds any value?

You mention measuring: If a No. 1 frame is 1/16 wider at the pins than a zero frame, is a four-zero-frame 4/16-inch narrower between the pins than a standard No. 1 frame? Or do the four zeros mean something different, like the No. 1/2 frame that is actually a No. 1 frame on the inside (between the pins), but slightly narrower and slimmed-down on the outside? EDM

EDM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have the 0000 frame pin separation dimensions in my notes somewhere, but don't have them handy. No, the separation is not in progression with the other frame sizes. If I remember correctly, it may be the same separation as the 000 frame. By the way, a set of 16 gauge #1 frame Parker barrels fits nicely on a 1/2 frame gun. I happen to own a gun set up that way. You have to have a zero or 1/2 frame forend to make it work. Will we see you at the Northeast Shoot in June?

EDM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill: I learned about barrel sizes the hard--embarassing--way. I was at HC's in Terrell TX in '94, getting educated. I had a half-dozen Parkers apart, sorted by barrels, fore-ends, and the rest, comparing for nuances. When it came time to reassemble them I slipped a 20-bore barrel set onto a 12-bore frame, and couldn't get them apart. With my tail between my legs I told Herschel and he laughed; said "It happened all the time." I doubted it, but he took the mismatched barrels off the frame, much to my relief.

I guess most bbl sets are interchangeable except for exterior fit. This makes sense from a manufacturing standpoint. As to the 0000 frame from the 1980s, I recall it was break-thru news in the early to mid '90s when someone (Price & Mullins?) discovered (or rediscovered) the meaning of the numbers on the barrel lump and wrote about it. This makes me wonder if the 0000 Repro stamping was a private joke.

I don't know about my schedule. We were South in the Road Trek from the Vegas show in January till tax time...Illinois to Vegas to California to Florida (boat sold!) and north via John Davis in Ga to Eastern Shore, kids in Nokesville VA, and Illinois...9,800 miles @ 19.6 mpg. Somebody's gotta do it. We skipped Sanford because Middlebrook and Carmichael (who we visited in FL) said the venue prohibited overnight R/Vs (the usual "insurance" BS). C'est la vie! As to the Northeast...maybe, but I gotta know more. Investigation continues. EDM

EDM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've learned the hard way about trying the fit of one set of barrels to a mismatched frame twice and I swear to God I'll never do it again without first removing the cocking hook...

Last edited by DAM16SXS; 05/10/10 11:07 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, RVs are welcome at the Northeast Shoot. Somehow, Daryl's machine has made it into the site.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Frame size....If all the 410 barrels sets are oooo and they are mostly fitted to OO frame 28ga. frames then fire pin spacing must be the same...? We must get that OOOO frame protatype in hand and mesure all dementions and weight to compair with a OO frame. Also... I now have a copy of the letter stating one BHE 410/28 set was made.... and was the only one made by Parker reproductions, signed by Jack Skues. Thanks all Kenny Graft SXS ohio...(-:

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.