mc #190470 05/28/10 01:51 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Fred Wenig

Vol423 #199167 08/12/10 06:44 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Vol423
Stay away from gunstocksinc. I sent them a Savage 1899 stock and fore end to copy and the duplicate stock had oversized inletting and chunks out of the top line of the fore end. I returned the duplicate for them to try again and they kept half my money, refunded the rest and wouldn't make another attempt. Poor workmanship and dishonest in the worst sense.

I should've paid heed to your post. I just got screwed by gunstocks inc. too. They sent me a set of NID Itaca stocks and the rear piece was inletted crooked. I called them and they insisted that I send back both peices of wood because they are a matched set so I'm thinking they're gonna see whats wrong and send me a new set.....wrong. They get the top part of the reciever into the stock, says it wasn't defective and doesn't even bother to see how far off the bottom was. He didn't bother to call or e-mail me, he credits me 75% of the total purchase, not just the rear stock and he wouldn't do anything more. Their bottom inlet was about a fat eighth inch off center and my bottom metal was just shy of a sixteenth wider than their inlet. Basically I'd have to fill a gap on one side with accra glass and I wasn't happy with that. He says he held his bottom metal up and it lined up just fine.

Does that look fine to you? Buyer beware. They are crooks!

Boxlock
Boxlock

clampdaddy,
I just purchased an NID stock set from gunstocks Inc. that they said a fellow had returned because he didn't know how to fit the stocks to his gun. They told me they had fit the buttstock to their shop gun and everything fit just fine. This must be the set clampdaddy returned.
Well I recieved the stock set and it fit on my customers gun with very very minor fitting and I must say they did an excellant job of fitting the buttstock to their gun as it fit my customers gun without any problem. There was no gaps or acra glassing required, I finished the stocks and my customer was very happy.
I have purchased several stock sets for Ithaca flues and NID's from Gunstocks Inc and have never had any problems. I would highly recommend them anytime.
I will bring this thread to gunstocks Inc's. Attention. They will probably want to tell their side of the story.

mc #199511 08/15/10 10:54 AM
tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think you have a couple of choices here. Do you want a 90-95% inletted blank that's inexpensive or do you want your original stock duplicated to 99%. Also, do you want to use your wood or use the wood they supply. Price will self adjust as they say based on your needs. I think if we have a better idea of what exactly you want we can probably provide better suggestions.

foxes rule
tut #201150 08/30/10 06:45 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

roostertails,
I have two NIDs and the stocks wont interchange on them. That's why the serial numbers were stamped on the wood. They had to be hand fit to each particular gun because there are variances between them all. Apparently you didn't notice or have a problem with the fact that there was no wood on the front of the stock you recieved to fit up inside of the receiver either. You probably also didn't notice that the fore arm was a half inch to short for an early NID and almost and inch and a half to short for a later model NID. One thing I noticed is that fifteen days ago you registered here, dug thru a couple pages worth of posts to find mine, made a reply, and haven't made a single post since then. Sounds a little fishy to me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gunstock1 also is on his first post and loves Macon. I guess he's an honest poster, but I'm not 100% sure.

Sidelock
Sidelock

eightbore are you saying roostertails may be a cock and bull name?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have gotten three L C Smith semi inlet stocks from Gunstocks Inc in the last 4 years and they turned out good. Bobby

bbman3 #201165 08/30/10 09:45 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

OK, there you go. I guess everyone is telling the truth. Does Macon do any fitting?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not to pile on, but I've used Gunstocks.com for 4 stocks over the last few years. One Beretta S2 Sidelock and 3 boxlocks. Very reasonable pricing and the jobs were good for what I paid. I'd recommend them, fwiw.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.