May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (David Williamson, LGF, NTaxiarchis), 950 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,511
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
cgs Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'm pleased to announce that we have purchased the Miller Single Trigger Company from Turnbull Manufacturing. We will be providing new installation of both selective and non-selective triggers for Parker, Fox and Ithaca NID guns initially. We will service existing triggers as well. More information available at the website:

www.millersingletrigger.com

Mention you heard about it here and ten bucks goes to Dave!

Best regards,

Dan

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dan, good for you. The Miller trigger, and I have several guns with the trigger, is the only single selective trigger that I would pay a premium for if it were installed on a gun for sale.

cgs Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for the well wishes, Daryl. I have stocked guns with Miller Triggers before but didn't realize the genius until I began installing them. I really like the system and feel blessed to have this opportunity.

Regards, Dan

Sidelock
Sidelock

Congratulations, Ken and Dan. Bill Murphy

Sidelock
Sidelock

I’m a bottom feeder when it comes to buying shotguns. I get a lot of pleasure in taking guns that others on the board would use as tomato stakes, freshening them up and putting them back to work. The one thing that’s a deal killer for me on anything but a 410 is a single trigger on a double (be it an O/U or a SXS). The dual trigger layout just makes too much sense, is so mechanically simple, easy to use, and universal in application that putzing around with barrel selectors (which can differ from gun to gun) as your quarry flies off into the horizon just doesn’t make sense. I think that a company that converts guns equipped with a Miller trigger back to a dual trigger ultimately makes more sense. As usual this is just my opinion and since I’m providing it for free you can take it for what it’s worth.
BTW I did own a single trigger 12 bore LC Smith when I was a college student. The damn thing would spontaneously discharge and double at the slightest provocation. I had it repaired (I thought!) and sold it (I needed cash) only to have the buyer tell me a year later both barrels had spontaneously discharged while he was sitting with it in a duck blind. Fortunately I had given him the repair receipt with the gun so he was able to vent his anger on the guilty party (the lousy smith who "fixed" it).
But even without the history I still feel that double triggers are the only way to go.
Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
cgs Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Rockdoc,

Thank you for your opinion. I am sorry that the concept of a single trigger for doubleguns is not one that you agree with.

It is my hope that this thread doesn't devolve into a heated discussion over the merits of the single trigger system. My intention was only to announce the transition from Turnbull to our company.

Best, Dan

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: cgs
It is my hope that this thread doesn't devolve into a heated discussion over the merits of the single trigger system. My intention was only to announce the transition from Turnbull to our company.

Congratulations on acquiring the rights to the Miller trigger. I hope you do very well with the business...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Glad to hear of your acquisition. My Miller Trigger Parker will come to you for service whenever needed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

AWESOME
Wonderful
NEAT!!
Fabulous!!
I can sleep tonight
Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry Dan, you're right I shouldn't have rained on your parade. Everyone has their preferences, there was a huge discussion on this board a while back about "butchering" shotguns by opening up chokes (usually the first thing I do). I only wish I'd had you to send my LC Smith to so many years ago, then maybe I wouldn't have such a negative opinion about single triggers.
Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.