April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (FlyChamps, Ken Nelson, 3 invisible), 433 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,103
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

I hunt with 2 MDs and a DO, all three are great in their proffessions and hobbies. Also hunt with a RT as I have COPD, gotta cover the bases. Anyway the supposed satistics are at least 6 yrs. old I agree whole heartly with Dr.Bob and Drew House, but also agree with Ted, it is not the Medical Professions bussiness how many firearms I own or have in my house. Any Dr. asking me that is going to hear it loud and clear from an old Law Enforcement Officer and Army Sgt.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Do you "peons" sign your doublegun posts with "Mr." in front of your name? Of course not.
I was an investment officer for years. We had an "inhouse" saying: "When the doctors get in, it is time for the smart money to get out."
I don't give a rat's a-- whether a man is a doc or not on a gun forum..... He's just another clod looking for a gun or a target - same as the rest of us. When his username contains "Dr." or he signs his posts with "Dr.", all I see is an ego attempting to distinguish himself/herself from the rest of us.
As for individual docs personally, I have had good friendships with many who were great guys.
Reb

Last edited by Rebel Sympathy; 06/16/10 05:12 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Rebel Sympathy

If an ego is all you see when "Dr." is part of their tag, then perhaps you need to look at yourself. I don't know Dr. Bob but I have read numerous posts from him. I have not picked up on any arrogance in his replies. As for the other individual in this thread who identifies himself as a doctor, Drew Hause, your comment is way off base. Myself and I'm certain countless others have been helped from the advice and information that he has contributed over the time that this forum has been in place.

Marcus Retallack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, Dr. Bob asked for doc jokes, so here's one that killed when I used it at a nursing conference. I was a speaker, along with our Chief Medical Officer who was standing next to me at the time and complaining about administration:

"One of our obstetricians is so dumb that he thinks Caesarean section is a residential district in Rome."

The nurses loved it. The doc quit complaining about my side of the house.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Perhaps the experts on the forunm can help me here.
A fellow today stated " I have a BM regularly at 7 AM every day" I asked " Whats wrong with that?".
He said" Well, I don't get up until 8 AM".

I figured I could get the answer here.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Uh, I really like the guy I go to, he's a good guy and really cares about what he does, and the people that come to see him. I'll be up a creek trying to find his replacement, should that day come.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I really like the doctor I go to, too---a woman.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A patient in for a brain transplant was offered a choice by the surgeon. He could choose either the Architect's brain which would cost him $100,000 or the Politician's which was $1,000,000.

"What's the difference?" asked the puzzled patient.

"Well," said the Doc, "the Architects is well used but has some good years left on it, ........ now on the other hand the Pol's is in almost new condition, never really having been used."

Good Shooting
T.C.
The Green Isle
Sidelock
Sidelock

This old guy goes to the doctor for his checkup. He's hard of hearing so he takes his wife along. The doctor looks him over then tells him, "Mr. Johnson, I'm going to need a urine sample, a blood sample, a stool sample, and a semen sample."

The old guy turns to his wife and asks, "What did he say?"

The wife yells back, "He said give him your underwear!"

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well that tears it for me! If it's an ego thing then I want in. From now on it's DR Wonko the Sane to you people. I want some respect!

DR WtS

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.