April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jem Finch, Jimmy W, LeFusil), 1,129 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,842
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

You can be sure it will give you more of a buzz than a girl born in 1870. I know some guys prefer mature women but 140 is a little old fer me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GregSY
You can be sure it will give you more of a buzz than a girl born in 1870. I know some guys prefer mature women but 140 is a little old fer me.

I have one born March 6, 1866 and I can assure you that she does give me quite a buzz. She's one sexy "mature woman". I can assure you that older women are quite sexy - especially when they're 144.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am lucky to have two. The first one was made in 1873 snap action hammer with the original case that I love to shoot skeet with and I just got a single barrel trap model that was made in 1923 that I shoot trap with. It was the second trap model made. These are great guns to shoot but I always shoot low pressure shells so I don't beat this beatiful guns up. I did contact Purdey about both guns and they e-mail me back all the info on these guns they had. Great people and great guns. Thanks, Frank

Last edited by FHALZ@AOL.COM; 06/15/10 12:57 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

This gun sold at Southams last week and it is not a Purdey it is a fake and the letter supplied is for the serial number of the real purdey with this number but it is not this gun.

It is a cheap Birmingham gun with a fake serial number on it. The auctioner did say there was some doubt about the veracity and 'you pays your money you takes your choice'. I pointed out to him that it was a fake well in advance, as did one or two other people.

Bidding blind at auctions based on an auctioneer's description is a risky business!

BTW there were some very pretty hammer guns in this sale - made £680 and £1200 respectively. No wall thicknesses provided and no gauges in the room. I measured the walls - 13 thou!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Is the auctioneer going to make it right ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nothing to make right on the thin walls Joe, sold as seen and perfectly legal.

Regarding a gun sold as a Purdey but clearly not a Purdey, murky waters there. If the auctioneer did not actually claim it was genuine and described it as a gun with Purdey written on it, n a box, with a letter from Purdey about the Purdey gun of the same number, hard to say.

Of course I am biased, as I get paid to stop people making these mistakes. But my view is that buying a gun you have not either checked yourself (assuming you are competent) or getting it done by someone else, is foolhardy.

Sidelock
Sidelock

WOW!!! What a let down! If the auctioneer did say there was some doubt about the gun (and Small Bore is in a position to know, since he is in the business of advising buyers and says he told the auctioneer, as did other experts) then this sale clearly becomes a Caveat Emptor situation (actually, they all are, but this one would have a large banner across it) and the buyer/bidders should understand the consequences.

Hopefully, when the gun arrives, it'll still be one the buyer can enjoy for what it is, and there will not have been a total loss.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There is a photo of the gun on the AUCTION NEWS page of my website if anyone wants to have a peek.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hm, that's a bad blot on the auction house. Informed sources tell them it is not the real deal and they proceed anyway? Cold shower for the OP. Ouch!

Last edited by Hansli; 06/15/10 10:09 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I guess we will have to wait on this one. It would still be interesting to see the photos though.

Smallbore, might see you at the CLA Game Fair. Lagopus.....

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.