April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (fab500, RWG, 2 invisible), 1,091 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,134
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#192835 06/17/10 06:06 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have an Ithaca Flues, 16 gauge w/ejectors, 28" tubes, twin ivory beads, base model (as far as I know) Shipped from factory in 1913 (according to Mr. Snyder). What makes this particular gun interesting is that I have the ORIGINAL box it was shipped in, Rail road shipping labels, hand written note, and stuffing.

It is a great shooter. The stock has a big drop and not comfortable for me to shoot.

I was going to have it restocked and have a very pretty Bastogne Walnut blank with forearm blank.

Looks like I need to sell this and maybe a couple other of my limited accumulation.

If someone could give me a fair estimate for me to work with I will get some photos taken and get is advertised on this site.

Thanks in Advance,

Steve

Sidelock
Sidelock

The box and papers are probably worth more than the gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve,
Disregard the above post, and any thing else he posts. He is our resident troublemaker/ troll.

tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just looked at completed auctions on Gunbroker. Prices range from 600 to 1600 for Flues field grades. Bad news is none of them sold for that price. In short, I've got no idea what its worth. If you want to get rid of it and get market value, get some good photo's and some good barrel measurements (bore diameter, chokes) and throw it on Gunbroker for $500 and see what happens. If its worth more, it will go higher. Many folks don't care for the Flues model in the smaller gauge as the frame sometimes cracks (or so I've heard). PS. Good photo's help good guns sell. Bad photo's help nothing sell.

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, jOe's right about the field grade Flusie not being worth much without the box, which is a pretty unsual thing to still have around. Is the box wood or cardboard? The ga. will add a little value, but unless some collector just has to have that box, the gun by itself is only worth $450 to $500. That's just a guess though without seeing the gun. Maybe this helps...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

a 16 gauge field grade flues with ejectors is a rare gun. ithaca collectors will like the box. gunbroker is a good place to determine collector value. gunsamerica is a good place to sell it, once you determine collector value and interest.

Last edited by ed good; 06/17/10 10:52 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Laxcoach
Steve,
Disregard the above post, and any thing else he posts. He is our resident troublemaker/ troll.

It would not surprise me a bit if this gun with the original box and papers sold for more than twice what the same Flues with excessive drop sold for by itself.

The guns are not terribly scarce, save for the ejector option, but examples with all of the original packing and papers are very scarce, and many collectors will pay a substantial premium.

I wish I could have said this with the same brevity as jOe.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

keith #193098 06/20/10 11:12 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thank you all for your opinions and comments, I find them not only helpful but in some ways, cathardic. I will be selling this gun, along with others that I have. As they are All either doubles or O/U's I will be posting them on here for your considerations.

Walt Snyder has been in contact with me regarding his opinion of worth and value on this particular Ithaca. Needless to say, I totally respect and thank him for contacting me.

AS soon as I get my digital camera's program loaded and figure out how to get the photos on here I will, as well as photos and descriptions of the others I find necessary to sell.

If anyone has any questions about the others, ask. If any sell as a result I will send the fee in, not posting this here to try to avoid it.................. no way.

keith #193099 06/20/10 11:15 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thank you all for your opinions and comments, I find them not only helpful but in some ways, cathardic. I will be selling this gun, along with others that I have. As they are All either doubles or O/U's I will be posting them on here for your considerations.

Walt Snyder has been in contact with me regarding his opinion of worth and value on this particular Ithaca. Needless to say, I totally respect and thank him for contacting me.

AS soon as I get my digital camera's program loaded and figure out how to get the photos on here I will, as well as photos and descriptions of the others I find necessary to sell.

If anyone has any questions about the others, ask. If any sell as a result I will send the fee in, not posting this here to try to avoid it.................. no way.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.