April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
12 members (graybeardtmm3, battle, Der Ami, j7l2, 3 invisible), 360 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,785
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yup, what Mike said. And it's not only the unsuspecting little old ladies who need to be careful - we all need to be careful.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"The Southern SxS- DISGUSTING! Not the even by any stretch. But by the action of a certain "expert" from a collectors association who robbed a poor woman of her double. Then laughed and bragged about it! Piece of dog doodoo"

To my knowledge there were only two double gun collectors associations in attendance at the Southern Side x Side; the Parker Gun Collectors Association, and the L C Smith Collectors Association. As one of those "certain experts" connected with the LCSCA, I spent a fair amount of my time at the LCSCA booth; and readers here may rest assured that yours truly got wind of no such dealings going on at the Smith booth while I was in attendance (nor did I purchase a single gun at the event). But if these alleged mis-dealings took place at the Smith booth, then you should come forward and let me know. I can't undo what has been done; but other actions can be taken.

As to your comment that "The Southern SxS- DISGUSTING", I totally disagree; this was the best Southern SxS ever, and the fact that you personally found the actions of a single micreant reprehensible did not change that fact, or ruin the event. For regardless how you may have personally judged this person's actions, Bill Kempfler and all the other good folks sponsoring the event, and in attendance there had nothing at all to do with that person's actions.

But in light of the seriousness of your charges, it seems to me that you should answer this question; did you personally witness this transaction, or is your information second hand? If you did in fact witness what was going on and knew in your heart the lady was deliberatly being deceived; then why didn't you come to this woman's aide and advise her she was being "raped" (as you noted in another post)? And if you didn't, then rather than calling out the manhood and integrity of everyone else who was at the Southern, where was yours when you could have stopped the deal? Please don't think I'm trying to be insulting with my comments; but your statements condeming the entire event over the actions of one individual are way over the top.

Again, if what you witnessed concerned anyone connected with the leadership of the LCSCA; I want to know the details and will take whatever actions I can to insure such behavior does not occur again. Actions such as you have described are a direct and serious violation of the LCSCA leadership by-laws.
Thanks, Tom Archer

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well said Tom, and I think ScottG should certainly inform a BOD member of the Parker Gun Collector's Association if this 'miscreant' carried on his alleged misdealings under the PGCA name.

Dean

Last edited by DAM16SXS; 06/24/10 05:31 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

scott go back and fix your spelling on not the even [t] and I think that may help people. just trying to help.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Scott
Sorry I misread your comment about the Southern, and am MOST pleased to learn this misdeed did not pertain to the LCSCA leadership! Also, I don't think your post should be removed as this unfortunate event was obviously something that has deeply troubled you; and the fact that your post serves as a great "teaching moment" regarding issues of personal integrity. It also brings to mind some advice I heard as a youth from a girlfriend's mom. The mother of one of my old teenage girlfriends always gave her daughter this advice regarding her personal reputation while at home and growing into adulthood; "never lose sight of the fact that, whenever you pass from this earth there's only one thing the people who knew you will truly remember about you; your reputation. So whatever you do, or may be asked to do; don't ever forget that fact". Her mom was correct, a reputation is something we all "earn" over our lifetimes; and as it comes to my own double gun associations, I certainly want to be remembered as an individual who was honest in all his dealings, as well as generous with my time and information. Tom

Last edited by topgun; 06/24/10 06:10 PM.
Boxlock
Boxlock

Hello Gents!

This is another Scott G, one from Dallas Texas and a buddy here just asked wtf I was posting. Well guys i havent posted in a LONG time. so not sure what this fellas about but I didnt want my name associated with this post.

I havent had a chance to get to the Southern myself but my friends like Steve B and Jack P tell me its a great thing. Keep telling Josh Lowensteiner I'm gonna get there but havent had a chance.

Now let me interject a little something here. Patrick from WM&Co. was at the Southern this year. He's from Dallas too and one of my dear friends. Cant say that I've heard anything about this supposed happening because he would have told me so I aint got an opinion about it. Well I do but opinions are like anything and we all got us one.

Now for Scott G. My friend, how about you change your name on here so I aint gotta get calls about stuff like this?
You can PM me and we can chat. Ok? Thanks.

Power is defined as strength held in reserve.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Can't be any Southern Gent'man at the Southern ripping into any Lady- Southern manners and gentility will always prevail. Any man who takes advantage of any Lady, whether in a gun purchase or otherwise, should get the Duane Allman treatment: "Tied To The Whipping Post"--

I'd admire to attend a Southern, but want to shoot a lot, not wait in line- might we worth the trip if they Alison Krause and the Nawthern Aggressors Station to handle the Bluegrass- and hawg jowls, black eyed peas (the eatin' kind, not the headbanging music group) fried okra and hust puppies- Yassah!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Michigan huh? Jeez Louise.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.