April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Hoot4570, Hugh Lomas, AGS, Dan R, Hammergun, 1 invisible), 270 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,442
Posts544,782
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

ho hum

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've had dealings with Mike on several occasions, and find him to be honest, straightforward and easy to deal with. The first gun I bought from him was very nice, but the stock dimensions didn't suit me. He took it back, no questions asked. On another occasion I bought a gun from Mike that I was very pleased with, but I took delivery of it just before leaving on a trip, and didn't discover until several weeks later that the ejectors didn't work properly. Even though the customary 3-day inspection period had long since passed, Mike sent me a check to cover the cost of the repairs: again, no questions asked. As for Mike's prices, don't be put off: he is always willing to listen to reasonable offers. In short, I highly recommend him as a seller. (He is also a good guy, and volunteers his time and money at humanitarian crises around the world.)

Last edited by clayws; 07/12/10 02:19 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe Ed should start sending Dave 10 bucks every time he trot-lines on here. cool

Sidelock
Sidelock

In doing research on the Syracuse line of L.C. Smith hammerless guns, Mike had a few posted and I wanted to ask him a few questions. I emailed him and said what I was doing and he gave me serial numbers of past Syracuse guns he had owned, plus the grades, and gauges and said that if he could be of further assistance to let him know.
I found him to be extremely pleasant and I would have no problem buying from him.
Also as stated he is a very generous man with his time and money and does a lot of voluntary work.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

If this Mike is all the things some of you are saying and has good guns to boot why doesn't he start them all at $1.00 and have a real auction? I've never noticed good condition guns going too cheap even when started with a very low opening bid so the "He has to protect his investment" argument one usually hears really doesn't wash with me.
Jim.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Obviously not all sellers want a real auction. They would prefer to sell at their price and not what some guys in a particular week want to pay. This is why these sites offer several formats. Buy or don't, it's your choice.

Last edited by Hansli; 07/12/10 04:52 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd as soon a guy list a gun at the price he wants.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
I'd as soon a guy list a gun at the price he wants.

joe: gunsamerica.com is the place for you!

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Boxlock
Boxlock

Jim, have you ever talked with me or made me an offer on anything? Everything is negotiable and my pricing is what I would like to get for the guns I sell. I seldom get what I'm asking and we all feel better about our purchase when we can talk someone down a bit. I leave room to take a trade in my starting price. I am a unabashed capitalist and an honest one. I buy and resell to make a profit and enjoy doubles at the same time. My preference is to price my guns somewhere near what I need so we have a real starting point instead of playing an endless bid to the reserve game. I accept about 50% of the offers made and nearly all the reasonable ones. Thanks. Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike,

Good to see you on the site even though this thread is over five years OLD

Welcome smile
Please post often
Mike

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.