April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Jimmy W, CJ Dawe, SKB, canvasback, Southern Sport, 1 invisible), 360 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,800
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Excellent, please post pictures and I will do the same Thursday night.I bet these guns are identical in engraving.
Thanks Phil

Sidelock
Sidelock

You folks that are so against "freshening up" an old gun, why not put your money where your mouth is and offer to buy the gun from Phil (I'm absolutely certain there's some price at which he'd sell it). Then you can keep the poor old tired looking thing as an eyesore in your gun case.
Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Phil knows I'd be a customer on the gun if he's ever ready to sell it so my money is already there.

Destry

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mine,Actually both are restored and I enjoy them. A few years ago a frind and I shot them in the flurry event at the Vintage Cup. We didn't score high but loading and pulling the hammers back was a real hoot.

Regards, Gordon

Our Dogs make our lives better
Sidelock
Sidelock

If it were for sale, I would be interested. However, I don't think it's for sale.

BTW: does it look like this 10 gauge Scott:

Thanks

OWD

Last edited by obsessed-with-doubles; 09/08/10 09:01 PM.

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

OWD the Swan looks the same my engraving is different. I promise to post pictures tomorrow.

Destry the gun is yours if I sell. That said a turkey hunt is destined for the gun first. Also a Sandhill crane hunt. Now there is a hunt. Able to shoot cranes with lead shot, now all I need is the OK on the 8 gauge. The 10 gauge lead loads you gave me last year did the trick, even if it was with my restored DH Parker.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

OK, I know I should not have restored it but......

Sidelock
Sidelock

Phil,
Nice looking Parker! As someone else on this board once said, "Life's to short to hunt with an ugly gun!"
Steve
O-W-B I may currently be a geologist but in a former life I spent 5 years in sales. Anything's for sale, it's just a matter of price.

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Did I mention how envious I was of those three cranes when I was out there? I had my chance though, on that pair that swung the decoys out in the desert, I just didn't connect.

Hopefully we're able to get together in January for some quail like we discussed.

Was out this morning for the first day of the early goose season in Ontario. Three of us managed to kill 15 but should of all had limits, just a little rookie shooting but that always happens.

The youngest of the bunch got two banded birds, I was envious of those too. But I've killed my share and he's only got two so I can't make too much medicine against him. Out again in the morning so maybe my turn is coming.

Wish I'd have had the big Churchill and lead shells in hand but I was stuck with the Parker magnum 10 gauge Federal Tungsten Polymer.

Destry

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well here are some pictures. Destry, my business is coming together and January is looking good. Actually I cleaned up the wood and put it away a year ago. The wood looks a lot lighter now. Still need to decide what I will do.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.