April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (graybeardtmm3, Upland 28, welder, Licensed to kill), 1,177 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,140
Members14,409
Most Online1,271
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

While I don't one way or another about MM's guns or even if George is an offensive SOB or not, I have to think that MM's relatives will be versed enough in guns that they won't be put out in the Saturday morning garage sale. It would be like suggesting Hugh Hefner's collection of marital aids might be scattered to the wind when he passes.

tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I do believe that MM's passing was not sudden and not totally unexpected by those who knew him well. I believe he had been in declining health for some time.

I think if this would have happened totally unexpectedly then perhaps there might not be a plan in place.

Accordingly there would seem to have been plenty of time for estate planning and that would no doubt include his firearms.

PS. I have zero doubt there are member's of this forum who know exactly what the disposition of MM's firearms are. Those few that do know are without a doubt sadly shaking their heads and wondering why is this coming up now.

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

When my best friend died suddenly his widow was being asked at the funeral about his guns by people she did not even know. One of them sent her a large check for his Schoyen 2 barrel Ballard set but she returned it.The one dealer that he knew well,James Goergen, told her to call if she needed any help with the collection and was most respectful and we all very much appreciated Jim's kindness at a very unexpected event.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Really, in the interest of getting the most out of the funeral home expense, they should just line up a guy's guns next to his casket so others can peruse them. As long as this was done after they paid their respects, and not prior, I don't see an issue.

Now, his widow, they should wait until after the funeral before making their play.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Disgraceful

Sidelock
Sidelock

Friends;
In my personal opinion, this entire thread was begun by a tasteless boor, and should have been deleted at the onset. It does no honour to the site. Those who have commented have either revealed their affinity to the originator, or their disgust at his Uriah Heap demeanor.

If even feel dirty after writing this. Pardon me while I de-louse myself.

Sincerely, Kensal

Sidelock
Sidelock

Kensal, you are right on, a tasteless boor indeed, I was quite shocked when I read the first post.
It should have been deleted at the onset as a gross example of horrible bad taste.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ohio Sam has it exactly right. Approached about buying a 5 acre hay field at my mother's funeral. Early bird, main chance, turnin a buck, respectfully multi-tasking, etc. A bit unctious maybe but not quite as bad, or uncommon, as Mr. Rise's histrionics would suggest.

jack

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mike's been gone almost a month now.The funeral is over. His family's life is probably returning to something like normal and for those of us here who believe in an afterlife I'll bet Mike is walking the Elyisian field's at this moment with some of his favourite hunting companions, both human and canine,and laughing his head off at the progress of this thread.

BTW this will be my final post on this thread.

Best Regards To All......George

P.S. Why do those of you casting stones hide behind some silly pseudonym? My name is George Lander and I live in Lexington, South Carolina.

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am not weighing in on the big moral issue of the day. Not my ox. But, I would like to know a bit more about Mr. McIntosh's seemingly untimely death. I did not know about it and a simple Google search gives very little detail.

I own several of his books and have followed many of his articles.

I really hate these milestones.

May he rest in peace.

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.