April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (WJW), 1,065 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#203280 09/20/10 11:02 AM
DGM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I attended the Orvis Cup shoot at Orvis Sandannona this weekend. Have been going for a few years and can report that it really seems to be taking off. There appeared to be a lot more shooters and vendors this year. Don't have any numbers, but just looking at the tents and cars in the parking lot, I'm guessing it might be 30-50% of the size it was when they used to hold the Vintage Cup there.

Steve Barnett, Gary Herman, Roger Bain, Holland & Holland, CSMC, British Sporting Arms, Safari Outfitters, Beretta Gallery and others were among the gun dealers. There were also a lot of dog training and hunting trip related vendors as well. Davidoff cigars set up a very nice outdoor lounge in the center of tents and provided a complimentary selection of $15-$20 cigars to sample throughout the weekend. There were demonstrations all day on dog training, fly casting and birds of prey. Dinner was first rate with the Scotch Whiskey Society and Davidoff cigars providing samples to accompany dinner as well.

Very encouraging to see this event growing.

"When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk." - Tuco

Sidelock
Sidelock

I stopped by with my S.O. (she loves the clothes) after scouting some new grounds my club has leased. I didn't shoot but we had a very enjoyable afternoon. I would agree with your assessment of it's size compared to the Vintagers but on the low end, 30-40%, but quality exhibitors.

A friend that promotes gun shows told me there was some talk of the Vintagers coming back, but just talk.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Judy and I both shot Saturday and Sunday. I wish we had a way to know who was there from this site so we could have said hello. We had a great time.

We shot at Dover Furnace today and it is a beautiful course.

We'll be down at the Vintagers Thursday - Sunday and hope to meet some of you there.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I like what Recoi Bob's friend said.

In my opinion the Vintage Cup was better at Sandannona than at Pintail Point. The targets are much more inspiring and the grounds are far and away better. The weather was grnerally better as well. Additionally the sounds of the guns going off in the woods early in the morning was a bonus.

Just my two cents.

Regards, Gordon

Had to cancel the Vintage Cup this year, just got laid off. There is always next year.

Our Dogs make our lives better

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.