April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (ClapperZapper, SKB, bushveld, 1 invisible), 463 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,470
Posts545,149
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve, THE person for such an endaevour should be the brazilian Aike Batista.
Email me to se how we can work on this together.

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

And I have thought of at least another couple of alternatives.

JC

Sidelock
Sidelock

I really enjoy going to THE RENDEZVOUS in Memphis when I'm after ducks just across the rivvah' in Arkansas. Make reservations, and ask to be waited on by 'Big Jack", if possible. He's the real deal. Finest dry rub ribs I've ever eaten.

Just south of there, in Tunica, THE place to eat breakfast before heading to the blind is the BLUE AND WHITE RESTAURANT, the very same place duck hunters have eaten since Nash Buckingham ate there many decades ago. They have a closed circuit TV screen piped in from a duck blind showing live action.

If you come shoot doves with me, Ms. Jean just may treat you to her own skillet dove breasts (au jus), with green pepper, onion and fresh mushrooms, sauteed together and finished by adding red wine to the skillet and covering for 5 more minutes to simmer. Best doves I've ever eaten, period. Or, if it's a Thur., Fri. or Sat. we can lunch at THE PORK PLACE in a little town just up the road from me, excellent chipped and sliced BBQ, ribs and chicken. All pit cooked before day, that day. Oh, and fresh made coconut pie that must have at least a half a stick of real butter in every slice.

Stan

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you happen to be quai/dove or whitetail hunting in the South Carolina upstate try Yoder's (Mennonite) Dining Room on Highway 72 between Greenwood and Abbeville. GREAT!

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hello Stan

Ms. Jean's recipe sounds very yummy!

JC

Rockdoc Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Dang!
I was expecting more dining recomendations, what gives? Isn't fine or unique dining part of the hunting/fishing experience for you guys?
BTW I'd really like shooting doves with you Stan, I'll file this thread and give you a call one day.
JC my wife and I were in Chile two years ago as part of a round the horn cruise, we both really liked Chile and hope to get back one day.
Steve

Last edited by Rockdoc; 09/30/10 09:13 PM.

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Customs differ. Fine or unique dining has never part of it in this part of the world. The difference may be explained by nomenclature. Fine dining is becoming popular in larger communities but uncommon where the birds are gathering. Do fine diners dress for the occasion? Gunning clothes allowed?

Rockdoc Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

King,
Thanks for your post. I'm afraid I caused some confusion here, when I said "fine dining" I didn't mean eating at the Ritz, what I met was dining at memorable places before, during or after hunting/fishing. I referred to Rube's Steakhouse earlier, at Rube's you choose your own steak and then grill it yourself on several large charcoal grill stations located in the restaurant. Great steaks, a lot of fun, memorable dining, but definitely not what most would consider "fine dining" so I apologize for any confusion I've caused. Oh I forgot, camo is definitely in fashion at Rube's.
I suppose what I mean is memorable dining places, the kind of place that is so good that you come back to over and over again until it becomes part of the annual/seasonal hunting/fishing experience.
Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ditto on the Blue and White in Tunica (real Tunica, not gamblin' Tunica). Also Boyette's near Reelfoot Lake if you like it battered and fried. There's a good steak place in Winner SD, but I can't think of the name.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wish I could go back to the best breakfast after a hunt,
my dad an I where duck gunning down in Fishing Creek on the shore at a farm owned by our Caterpillar dealer,after our am hunting we all went back to their barn and had bacon & egg sandwiches on Wonder white bread and a coke.. played some poker while waiting for them to get cooked up when we finished a friend of the caretakers of the farm showed up and we ran his beagles and shot rabbits
tough part was that was last time my dad an I hunted togather that was in Jan. 91', in Feb. his cancer came out of remission and he only lasted till Sept. he was 47 years young.
sometimes the simplest things can be the best

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.