April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (CJF, LRF, Sun Dog, fullandfuller, Tim in PA, Pwog), 913 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,122
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi all, I just got (used) a Manson WTG, but with no instructions. I know that Mike posted some pics on this, but I was wondering if I could get some instructions (in plain english). The e-mailed instrctions from Manson, are not the best without the pics.

So......help please!

All the best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can try to help you if you want to use it in the horizontal position.

Put the assembled gun upside down on a table. Extend the barrels about 18" over the end of the table.

Hang one tyne of the fork in the barrel. Hang the tyne that goes in the barrel, not the one with the dial gauge. Adjust the dial gauge until it reads zero.

Push the gauge into the barrel and read the wall thickness on the dial gauge as it goes down the barrel.

This is how to do it with the Truth Tool. The Manson may be different in some details.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 01/29/11 10:26 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

This picture shows the tyne hung in the end of the barrel: Notice that the left end of the gauge hangs from my thumb so that I don't torque it and mis adjust the zero point.

This picture shows that the gauge reads zero after it is adjusted. This is before you start taking measurements:

Then you slide the forks down the barrel and read the thickness:

Clear as mud I am sure. Good luck.

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I like to hang the outer end on a string or wire to ensure that I don't torque the setup in any way.
AND the prong inside the barrel must NOT touch the barrel except with the ball on the end!

Dumb, but learning...Prof Em, BSc(ME), CAE (FYI)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Does anyone know where if there is a stand up wtg that is as reasonably priced as the mason?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I just can't see why this can't be done with lasers, mass produced and sold inexpensively. Or......ultrasound. I may work on that.

gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi all, Thanks Mike!!!! I think I got it, but I do have a couple more questions.

When you put the fork in the bbl to read, do you let it touch any of bbl wall? From the pic it looks like you don't.

Also, I have the model with the plastic reinforcer. What's the right way to use this device?

OSF, great tip on the string!!! My unit weighs a ton and this idea sure helps.

Thanks again for all the help!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gjw
When you put the fork in the bbl to read, do you let it touch any of bbl wall? From the pic it looks like you don't.
No, only the ball.

I don't know what the plastic reinforcer is.

And you are very welcome.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 01/30/11 10:47 AM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I hang mine on a heavy cord, from the ceiling, hanging over two screw-in hooks. The dial indicator is down. By sliding the barrel(s) up the ball and shaft, this puts very little side pressure on the gauge. Gives the most accurate readings, IME. I also added a wire tensioner to help maintain tension against the probe. Rabbit has one similar to mine. Maybe he will post some pictures.

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

Are you talking about the white bock that slips over the two rods? That is only used in shipping to prevent damage to the rods.

Pete

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.