April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (SKB, Roundsworth, Ian Forrester, Researcher, bushveld, 1 invisible), 1,125 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,146
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

This gun was ordered with Exhibition Black Walnut with the following clarification: Exhibition Black Walnut with full feather crotch on the right side of the stock like Winchester 21's from the Custom Shop. The feather is full and has a wonderful play of colors as you rotate the stock.
Someone tell me where I can get a better blank for the same money?-Dick

Last edited by Dick_dup1; 01/11/07 03:15 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
I never really thought the engraving would be as nice as in the advertised RBL picture, but by the same token, I don’t expect it to look like a stamped job on some sub $2K O/U.

Well I finally contacted CSMC about the engraving -- in particular the change in the barrel engraving -- and Rich Wilson told me the following:

- the new barrel engraving is cut, crisp and sharp, and deeper than before;
- the engraving process is the same for barrels and frame;
- barrel engraving appearance is consistent with the frame;
- they allow orders that specify no barrel engraving (as TK did).

I sure wish I could see one firsthand. Just don't much like the look of current barrel engraving in the one good photo I've seen. More photos of current production guns, anyone?

reesq Offline OP
OP Offline

Dick, very nice. Funny, when I was deciding on what wood to get, I gave Lou almost exactly the same description of what I wanted as you did, and he told me that the exhibition Black Walnut would be the way to go. Yours is the quality that I am expecting. I hope mine comes out as well. When did you receive your gun? Was it an early delivery or one of the more recent deliveries? Also, what is your opinion of the engraving and what finish did you get?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I patd $400. for a American black walnut blank from Cecil Fredi. The stock has more intensity in figure and is a mirrow image on both sides. Am not playing "mine is better than yours." FWIW, Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

This blank was also from Cecil a couple years ago. $600

Last edited by Chuck H; 01/11/07 06:10 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sayyy Mr. Chuck, that's a mighty fine looking set of blanks ! Mine looks like the bottom blank except the figure runs straight up the middle of the blank and spreads completely out to the edges. Must have come from a monster tree. Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288

Nitro,

It was exhibition claro and thank you for the compliment.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well I just picked up #307 from my FFL guy. I can live with the checkering and the engraving, not sure I got my 700 bucks worth on the wood upgrade. Both sides and ends of the forend are damaged where they butt against the barrel flats. I guess I'll be finding out how good the customer service department is shortly. By the way mine was a 10-12-05 deposit / 04-03-06 paid in full order. Have to wonder how I ended up with 307??

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have the same problem with it hitting the plate at the bottom of the barrels. I just dropped mine off at the Connecticut show Saturday. Lou took it back without a second glance and said he would turn it around quickly for me. I think you will have no problem getting it repaired under warranty.

So many guns, so little time!

Ordered my RBL PIF on 11.29.05. Cancelled today and got my money back. Enough is enough. And when I asked about interest on my $3,000, she laughed outloud. I'm going to spend half the money and send my old Parker 16 VH to Turnbull for restoration. That way I can have another year with something to look forward to.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.