May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (prairie ghost, David Williamson, skeettx), 892 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,402
Members14,412
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gents, I am taking a tour of the Browning Custom shop in Liege Belgium on Wed. Should get to see John Moses Browning's office, and Val's office, and of course the current Custom Shop. Can't wait.

Scotty
Sidelock
Sidelock

That sounds great. Hope you enjoy. If you have time, check out the Curtis Museum ( http://www.museedarmes.be/home.htm ) and the Museum of Walloon Life ( http://www.viewallonne.be/en ). Take a lot of pictures.

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

I visited them about 10years ago. They were very cordial. Watch out for sensory overload.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I also visited the FN Custom Shop @ 10 years ago as well as the factory. My son was working in Koln, Germany and while there to visit him I took the train one day to Liege. We have an FN factory here in Columbia, SC and that was my intro to get the tour. It was interesting seeing the Apprentice next to the Journeyman next to the Master at the bench. Also the finished gun room with guns that were made for Middle Eastern Potentates. In the factory were being made assault rifles, machine guns and hi-power pistols. There were buyer's representatives there with briefcased handcuffed to their wrists. I was told that much of the buying was done with cash, American Dollars.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Should be very interesting. Most of the Superposed are crated up for shipping to the IWA Tradeshow this month in Nurnburg, but I will see them there also.

Scotty
Sidelock
Sidelock

WOooooo! You are going to love the IWA show.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Take a camera - absolutely fantastic, I toured the Custom Shop five years ago, I also went round the engraving shop in Liege - a few miles away from the Custom Shop.

You will probably meet Kevin Ewings, very likeable chap who is in charge of the Custom Shop World sales etc.

The wood store is also interesting if you are into exotic walnut, I was lucky as they had just had a delivery...

enjoy the day and ask for lots of momentos!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Scotty,
Please look in the dusty corners and dark closets and find me a FN Model 1900 Semi Auto Rifle. tks grin

Last edited by Dennis Wolfe; 03/02/11 07:55 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I had a great tour of the Browning Custom tour; I'll upload more pics when I can, but here is me standing in the sales office, holding a Custom A-5 just like the Great Man is doing. The very first FN sales register is behind me.My 1932 Lightweight Superposed is listed in it. Very cool.

Scotty
Sidelock
Sidelock

Great photo Scotty!

Wish I was there.

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.