April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (WBLDon, Jimmy W, LeFusil, 2 invisible), 807 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,834
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'm hoping to find a period correct replacement for the ivory bead on my Baker Paragon. I've "Googled around" a bit but haven't found a good match. I've found a couple sites that list an almost identical sight, but that item is no longer available.

Anyone know of a good source?

Last edited by BPFischer; 04/04/11 09:01 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brownells is about that size

PDD

pittypatdugan
tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The original Baker ivory front sights that I have seen & have had some experience with [Sterling SBT w/floating rib] had a steel sleeve around them that pressed into the sight's hole, they were NOT threaded. I spent a lot of effort trying to find one 40 years ago, to no avail.

I don't know if the Paragon used the same type.

Should you do come up with a source please share it with us. Thanks & wishing you the very best of luck!

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

This one isn't threaded either. It doesn't have a sleeve though. The post is simply an extension of the same piece as the bead.

One of the options at Brownells looks like it would work, but not sure they still have them available. They have 2 sizes listed and one says it's out of stock but the other says it's no longer available. I kind of get the feeling that neither is available. But I'll keep an eye on their website just in case.

The one at Brownells has a threaded shaft, but they state that it's "undersized" and should be installed using an epoxy.

Sidelock
Sidelock

NECG
http://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/index.html?Peep%20sight.htm~maindeal

David

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Midway USA and Brownells both have ivory bead sights back in stock. The sights at both places are a .157" (4mm) bead with a threaded shaft. The Brownells sight lists their shaft as "undersized" and says you should use epoxy to install. The one from Midway is the NECG sight linked in JDW's post above and it has the typical 6-48 threaded shaft.

I ordered the one from Midway last night and so we'll see how it works out.

My Paragon requires a straight shaft that is press-fitted into the recess. Since the Midway sight has a larger diameter shaft, I figure I can simply sand it down to the necessary size and I'll have what I need.

Anyway, for those that were interested in finding a source for the ivory bead replacement sights, they're back in stock at these 2 retailers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There was a thread in the double guns for sale Column of some one who custom made ivory beads ,Its been a couple months now but I'm sure you could find over there with a little tracking.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I went back and found that post I told you about ,It was posted on 01/08/11 called Ivory shotgun and double rifle beads, The mans name is Scott in ILL and his number is 815-922-4534,If you look up that post you can see the bead he made in pictures and find out more .Good luck in your search.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brownell's has the ones I use. I think the ball sizes are 4mm and 6mm. I use the 4, drill the rib for a slightly "drive-in fit" and secure it in with a dab of superglue. Never had a problem.

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

I hate to hijack this thread but I'd like to add ivory beads to a 20ga Arrieta and 28ga AyA. Is there a specific size I should consider? Is the 6-48 threaded shaft pretty standard?

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.