April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,069 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,124
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
hoser Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

What's the going price on these...seems like about $3,000 used?

Boxlock
Boxlock

I have a 20 ga RBL Launch Edition Reserve, pistol grip stock, beavertail forearm, SST, case-colored receiver, 3x black walnut, oil finish, 14 1/4" LOP. Fits me and points very well. I like it. My only complaint is the wrist....very thick compared to my 20 gauge guns.
js

Sidelock
Sidelock

I cancelled my Launch Edition when my friend recieved his. I saw the checkering and it shouldn't have left the factory that way. CSM used a laser and Tony showed this to me and Builder when we went to the factory. My friend's checkering was double cut in areas and had obviously been fouled up and the operator elected to cut it even deeper. It really looks like crap, to this day. He'd have to take about 1/8" of wood off to get the checking off. What a mess.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hoser,

Depending on the wood they are near 3G and up looking at recent auction results. The beauty of the RBLs now is that they are inspectable, no surprises as Chuck H's friend experienced. Some are supposedly unfired/NIB but the used ones should have the bugs rung out and ready to go. I have a 16 RBL that I think highly of, some of the 16's are not so great. I would have a 20RBL if I wasn't holding out for one of the "light weight" 12Ga. RBLs. If that doesn't happen then a 28.

Chuck, did your friend attempt to have CSMC repair his gun?

Chief

tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have one of the first guns, #13. It has the single trigger & PG stock w/std forearm. It has seen some use, been to South America several times and remains trouble free and shows zero signs of wear even though it is no virgin. I could tell you it had less than a flat of cartridges through it & you would believe it on inspection. Receiver is the 'French gray' finish and it holds up VERY well. Gun has been cared for & cleaned properly after each & every use.

I had a group of friends & associates buy them, not sure exactly how many in total, but more than a dozen; several bought pairs. None of the launch edition 20's they received went back for anything and all have been in hot corners in SA more than once and have delivered dependable trouble-free performance.

The choke tubes w/o any notches and the taper only wrench struck me as odd at first, but none have ever backed out while shooting nor stuck. I do not shoot mine well pre-mounted at clay targets, but low gun on skeet or bringing it to shoulder in the field it has proven its design more often than not. I have used it for pass shooting dove, mostly high flyers, perdiz behind dogs & a few pheasant, also behind dogs. I gave it a fair workout on assorted clay target games when it was received. It is NOT a target gun, but it is a well made reliable & good handling field gun that will stand up to melt your fingerprint use, given reasonable care.

I would agree w/ J. Roberts that the later 'engraving' was better executed, but I don't fault mine, if that makes any sense. I didn't get excited about the idea of sending it back to have the 'engraving' coverage increased to exactly match the pic first advertised, so passed on that 'gratis' offer when it was made.

I really enjoy using it afield and do not intend to dispose of it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My RBL is a 16 gauge so I can't directly address the 20. However I can say that my gun is reliable, handles very well, and is the gun I use preferentially now. It has been a great pheasant shotgun and I am pleased that I have it.

Quid me anxias sum
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think this may be good time to make a point about the RBL series of guns. They are shooters. They are reliable shooters. Many people have tried to cast aspersions against these guns in various ways. They have proven to be well-made, reliable, nice-looking guns that need no apologies. But they are made to shoot and they perform as well as or better than any other sxs I've ever owned.

A very few buyers were not happy with their Launch Editions, but you cannot please everyone. Some of those guns were, let us just say "less than beautiful", but the vast majority were very nice.

The subsequent 12, 16, and 28 ga. versions have all been well-received. I absolutely love my 12 ga. target special with 32" bbls., beavertail, pistol grip, and single trigger. I also anticipate having some fun with my RBL28 with 30" bbls. configured the same way, that should arrive next week.

I, for one, am really glad Tony Galazan brought these guns to us. Excellent value, made in the USA.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 05/06/11 05:57 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have SR#110 and it came with the shiny finish and ~1/4" cast on. When Tony restocked it, it was with the more dull finish, which is just fine. A little of his Renaissance Wax does the job, and brings out the luster and beauty of the grain. The wood is exhibition grade straight/single trigger and case color. The stock replacement was no charge, as was the repair when the centering pin on the ejector came loose. It's a fine gun and my go to gun for birds. best...mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mine is also an early gun (#198) ST/SG/BTFE, Exhibition Turkish, long LOP. The gun had some issues early on (to be expected on a new design, IMHO) which were repaired quickly. I really like the gun

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.