April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Argo44, Tim in PA, 2 invisible), 430 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,795
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
dukxdog Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hill Rod & Gun Co. sponsors it. Anyone here going to this fun event? I went last year and had a great time. I enjoyed shooting my vintage guns along with seeing guys shooting theirs.

With a fine gun on his arm, a man becomes a sporting gentleman, both on the field and off.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Please tell us more about this shoot! I have just moved to South Dakota and have family in MT and may be interested in going with a little more info. THANKS MUCH,

Last edited by suddenthunder; 05/11/11 11:28 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I plan on attending again & hopefully bringing up a couple of friends.

Dustin

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Lefever Arms Collectors Association is running a Lefever Cup event within the Nimrod Classic.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Diane and I are planning to attend...Grandaughter is having a Great Grandson that week, but I bet she can do it without me...I'll be dragging a few rusty Lefevers with us...

dukxdog Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: suddenthunder
Please tell us more about this shoot! I have just moved to South Dakota and have family in MT and may be interested in going with a little more info. THANKS MUCH,

Charlie Fleger at Hill Rod&Gun can give you the details http://www.hillrodandgun.com/feedbackcoming.php
There will be SXS and pump gun events. Guns must be from the 1950's and earlier. There are several sub catagories inside each event such as hammergun, light game gun and subgauge. It was a very good time.
Last year I shot my 1906 J. Blanch & Son 16ga sidelock. I will again use it along with my 1912 Charles Daly 185 16ga. Good guys showed up with some nice old guns.

With a fine gun on his arm, a man becomes a sporting gentleman, both on the field and off.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Terry is right. This is the site of this years "Uncle Dan Cup" sponsored by the Lefever Arms Collectors Association. In addition to the event we will have a little "show and tell" display of Lefever guns. Even if you aren't into the competitive shooting, but are in the vicinity, this is an opportunity to see a few unique Lefevers and shoot the sh*t.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
dukxdog Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Charlie wrote me today that about 40 shooters had signed up thus far. He expects to be about 60+ for the weekend. Coming up quickly if you want to attend. It's a fun shoot at a great venue. I love shooting at Galatin SC's.

Sidelock
Sidelock

How did the shoot go????? I could not attend this year. I'm curious as to why there are no post about the shoot on any of the Forums that I frequent. Fun? No Fun?

Dustin

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have the same questions. Diane and I had planned to go, but returned home from Mexico to a contractor mess we have just dug out of. I even scraped some of the heavy rust off a couple of Lefevers in anticipation...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.