April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (skeettx, gunmaker, Jtplumb, LeFusil, 2 invisible), 398 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,799
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lead is deadly alright 1200 fps

More lead boils up from the earth's crust naturally in our aquafers than we could ever launch into a lake, river or habitat

I will be at VC with lead a flyin

-Clif Watkins

DGM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

With less than two months to go, the EPIC website shows about 70 of the advertised 300 vendor spaces available filled. It also appears that they have canceled or deleted at least one of the big vendor tents which were previously shown as available on the website.

The Shooting Sportsman Fine Gun tent appears to be the only large tent with vendors listed in it. Many of the vendors who have signed up are previously Vintage Cup vendors. I've heard some of the bigger vendors plan to cover both shows and split their stock between them. I don't see an exhibitor list on the Vintagers website.

EPIC Vendor List
http://www.scifirstforhunters.org/static/VR/shows/Epic2011/default.html

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll be shooting LEAD SHOT at this event instead of the EPIC Game Fair:

http://www.deltaclassictournament.com/
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I pulled up the set up and I counted 76 spaces. I did not double count the companies that had 2 boths as I only counted that as 1 booth.

I have heard from vendors who use to go to the vinatages that maybe its time has come. They tell me they se the same people over and over again, just lookin and not buying. Just come to shoot the breeze. Thats why I guess you are seeing less vendors at this event

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
DGM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The EPIC Website now shows 117 exhibitors, well short of the 300 originally advertised, and the fine gun tent is not full yet. I suspect the 30K attendee estimate to come up way short as well. The Vintage Cup recently published it's vendor list on its webite. (see below). Clearly, it's lost a lot of dealers from past events. (There were about 70 vendors listed in 2010) It's really a shame these events are the same weekend, as both are taking a big hit. You'll notice a number of the dealers will be at both events, which means a smaller stock at each as well.

It seems if you want to see the most guns, you need to go to EPIC that weekend. If you want to actually shoot them, the Vintage Cup is the only option. At least a number of the vendors will be at the Orvis Cup at Sandanona in September and the Fall Southern SXS in October, where you can both shoot and shop. Here's the latest Vintage Cup vendor list:

Vintage Cup Sponsors
Shooting Sportsman Magazine
Bruce & Joan Samuels
NRA Office of Advancement
RST Classic Shotshell Company

Additional Exhibitors
(as of August 26, 2011)
Check for up-dates

A. H. Fox Gun Collectors
Allgood Associated Sports Suppliers
Barbara Nyholm
Bertie's Boutique
Best Guns Ltd.
BraeVal
Conroy Engraving
Dave Riffle Gun Sales, Inc.
Doublegun Cases
Dubarry of Ireland
Famars USA
G. T. H. Preserve
German Gun Collectors Association
Great Bay Outfitters
Gunnerman Books
GunsInternational.com
Heritage Guns
The Hunter Collection
Jerry Smith
John Liberati Books
J-Mar Enterprises/Krieghoff
L. C. Smith Collectors Association
Robin Hollow Outfitters, Inc.
Ruffed Grouse Society
Schwandt Classic Arms
Stephen Cobb
Trader Keith, Inc.
Turnbull Manufacturing
Vintage Firearms, Inc.
Vintagers, Order of Edwardian Gunners
The Virginia Sportsman Magazine
W. C. Russell Moccasin Company
William Larkin Moore & Sons, LLC

MIKE THE BEAR
Unregistered
MIKE THE BEAR
Unregistered

Thanks DGM,
If my count is correct, there are precious few actual shotgun dealers scheduled for the Vintagers', at the moment. Pretty sad.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If the gun dealers dont make it to the Vintage Cup, I guess I will have cash at the Easton show in November. I'm pretty much counting the days to the Vintage Cup though.

Sidelock
Sidelock

While I cannot attest to the accuracy of the following, they came to me in an email entitled "Going down in flames". You may find them funny/interesting:

Number of pre-sold tickets to Epic Game Fair: 27

Number of "walk ups" they are saying will attend magically: 30,000

Additionally--
There is a large black tie Epic Game Fair dinner.
Price for a table: $4,000
Number of tables sold: 12
Number of tables needed to be sold to break even: 55

Sidelock
Sidelock

Going down in flames indeed! When is this ludicrous extravaganza?
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

I just want to show up, sling lead, and throw back some scotch. Black tie and notox shot is bananas. I could see if it was the SCI convention.

Just ill planned and concieved esp with the notox shot rule.

The thing I just can't understand is why promotors can't get it through their heads, we are a small interest category, to compete and take away from each other is foolhardy on the same weekend

-Clif Watkins

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.