May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Stanton Hillis, Hal M Hare, SKB, Guy Ave, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 997 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,504
Posts545,545
Members14,416
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I was given the dubious honour of 'Disassembling the Al special that is to be the Highlight of Julias next auction march 12-13-14.(Check these dates with JJ.) Capt. Jim Fender and Myself are putting a 'Few' words together for Daniel Cote. DGJ. Jim did the Excellent writing on my Parker 'BH'12b. Fred Gilbert's Trap/Live Pigeon Gun, Shooting Sportsman Jan/Feb/07. My findings after removing all necessary screws,removing the 'Non Original Stock,examining the interior parts,hammers, sears, springs,safety mechanisim,triggers,ejectors,forend iron, F/latch.All parts are original to the Gun and are in 99.9% condition. Some parts do show a small amount of 'Normal Wear' Gold Plating worn from the front of the trigger-spurs,original 'Blacking on the barrels is 'All There' Bores areExcellent,I did a quick bores@ 9"(Hand held Gauge).734/,734' Chokes,Full-Full,I'm sure Mr LaRue will give a more precise set of Measurements before the Auction.The Engraving is at the usual High Standard of Artistry for the higher grades of parkers build in "The Golden Era". I think the gun conforms 100% to the description in'The Parker Story' Vol.2. Page 660.I will now Comment on the 'Non Original Stock'.I and several other interested Parties are doing our 'Upmost to Get to The Bottom of this Area of the Gun. The 'Stocker' used a 'Utilitarian'Grade of wood,didnot make Gauges from the Original Stock to duplicate all the radius's(sp) so the stock is a little "On the Plump Side" its 15" from front trigger to Middle'@ Butt-End Original Parker Skeleton Butt-Plate, Numbered from A'Nother.A very Usable, Serviceable gun-stock, Poss,made in 1930s-40s.I have examined several 100% Original Alspls. and Re-Stocked a "Few".I would like "To Do this Gun back to the Original 'Paper c1914" It is a Beautiful Gun,with a Controversial History'But ....The Steel'is Genuine'...Julia's photographer took several'Shots'while I worked on the 'Gun' maybe we will post a couple? Crossedchisels.

DT, by all means post pics as your time permits! Having examined 2 of the Invincibles in detail, I am most anxious to survey this gun! The 'plump' test is most accurate in determining if these beauties have been rewooded. The slender taper to the grip and the angle of the flutes on the nose of the comb are the usual give-aways, as you know better than most. KBM

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the report! I look forward to hearing more about this gun in the coming weeks.

Ortolan when did you get to view the Invincibles?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ortolan, This A1spl is as I have said 'Nice'. Crying Shame about the Stock, But I always quote" If a Gunmaker made it in the 1st place, A Gunmaker can make it "Again'!! When you Examined The Invincibles, did you "Pull them Down"??No 230329 has 'WonderfullInternalParts!!!Some interesting Stories, as always surrounding these"Old Lumps of Iron & Wood"( will you be at the'Change of Caretakers' Event,March 12&13?) Crossedchisel.

CC - No, a visual inspection was all that was "authorized" by the owner. Done for a rehab job on the Ithaca Luggage Co. best quality O&L trunk case for SN 230329, which had suffered an extreme attack of mildew and general neglect. All came out well in the end, fortunately. Am making all efforts to attend the March Event - one never knows what obtuse treasures lurk in the lesser-light areas of the dank pre-sale venues! KBM

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.