May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Pwog, Mike Harrell, Ken Nelson, MattH, 2 invisible), 259 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,565
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

So you may recall I want to build a double rifle in 7x30 waters on an old Greener shotgun. My plan is to drop the Winchester 94 barrels into the existing 12g tubes with an offset collar at the front to get a zero at 100m.
This is the donor gun. It seems to be a fair bit older than my 1883 greener with no stampings on the flats whatsoever. Anyone guess age? There are two spots where there is visible corrosion in the wound bands of steel so the bulge mentioned below and the corrosion means this would never have been a shooter again without new barrels. Its a shame that what would have been a nice gun was let go so far.

Check the last pic with the bulge in the barrel in front of the right hand chamber. Someone was lucky!

What is it about these old guns that draws us in?
www.firearms4sale.com.au
Sidelock
Sidelock

Can't quite see it but it looks like it's the same place my little 20 bore clark went just in front of the forcing cones.

Cheers

T

pod Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

i did the same thing to a sidelocker lefever in 30-40 krag. cut the barrels back to 24 inches. i fitted round bushings in the muzzle of each barrel [snug fit]and the hole in the bushing
where the barrel came thru was a little loose. i drilled and tapped the bushing at 12-3-6-9 oclock. i used cap screws with an allen head so the head was below the surface of the bushing i was able to regulate the barrels quite easely by loosening or tightning opposite screws or rotating the bushing. had the bushings and barrels welded in place. it shoots 1.5 inch apart @ 100 yards parrelel to each other. i used a set of remington model 700 sights that worked out perfect.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.