April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (SKB, Lloyd3, Marks_21, susjwp, 1 invisible), 500 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,095
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Veryone thanks a lot. I think Humpty and Cary and everyone else got it right. I sometimes do take things the wrong way and I should be better at not doing that. Actually I guess I'm not very good at critisism but I do try and listen! I don't get it all right and I only restore the way I've learnt to and this is open to interpretation for sure.

Many thanks for all of the kinds comments. Actually it's what fires me up about this place. People that know and look and comment. I promise to learn from it and each and every time I do a gun up I try and get better just a little somewhere along the line!

Cheers and thanks folks!

T

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ballistix999
Veryone thanks a lot. I think Humpty and Cary and everyone else got it right. I sometimes do take things the wrong way and I should be better at not doing that. Actually I guess I'm not very good at critisism but I do try and listen! I don't get it all right and I only restore the way I've learnt to and this is open to interpretation for sure.

Many thanks for all of the kinds comments. Actually it's what fires me up about this place. People that know and look and comment. I promise to learn from it and each and every time I do a gun up I try and get better just a little somewhere along the line!

Cheers and thanks folks!

T

YOU ARE A CLASS ACT TONY AND ALL THAT READ THIS BOARD KNOW THAT MY GOOD MAN...................WHETHER THEY AGREE ON THE WORK OR NOT..................(and yes Cary's post was dead on mate)........................

Best Regards,

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ballistix999

Superb effort Tony and really impressive. I need to watch out for some guns in need of TLC @ Holts and then give you a bell smile

Hope you have managed to make it down to your little river for some early season Mallard. I have still not had a chance to get out and am now itching to take the big double 8 onto the foreshore!

pod Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

cary: you certainly have a glib tongue. lol well spoken

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well said, Mr White!

I know I'm not alone when I say that Tony's project posts, replete with wonderful and interesting photos, are like little gifts which we eagerly tear the wrapping off of to see what goodies lie inside!

I'm constantly learning from the "illuminati" here, of whom I include Mister T. He's a straight shooter, he's NEVER pompous, he imparts gun knowledge to others just as he himself humbly solicits it from others.

Despite some silly and unnecessary chatter encountered here at times I do believe this site is a beautiful and rare thing on the so-called "world wide web". Tony definitely contributes to the quality found here; he's one of the good guys.

I thank God he's still with us, offering his perspective on these old guns we're all enraptured with.

Case closed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice gun! wink

Geno.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

God Marc and Doug I'm extremely touched.

They are very kind words and I am honoured that you think so highly of me I'll try and continue to match your expectations.

O7

T

Sidelock
Sidelock

Uhhh, yeah Tony...Forgot to mention....Look, it's too bad the Greener didn't turn out, but there's always tomorrow and another chance at another gun, eh?

BEAUTIFUL GUN, you made it rise from the dead!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Glad you posted the photos, Tony. Well done on the gun!!

A case can be made for "as it left the factory," but, IMO, a better case can be made for "as it pleases me." Who is to say you would not have ordered it "as it pleases you" from the factory. Fortunately, it appears that Cowboy Action Shooting modifications "don't please you."

Keep up the good work.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Cary,
A wonderful use of the English language.
I see that you like me was a member of the Diplomatic Office.

Tony,
Do not take any notice of the naysayers who lurk around here.
Remember, those that didn't make mistakes, didn't make anything.
Good luck with all your projects.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.