May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (SKB, skeettx, Guy Ave, earlyriser, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 750 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,484
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Terribly disappointed to tell you guys that Heritage Guns' trip to the Vintage Cup has had to be cancelled.

Having submitted my application for a US visa renewal on my return from Deep River in early May, I thought I should easily have it back in time to do this very important show. However, I only received the okay to send in my passport yesterday (16th September) and it takes a further 7-14 days to get it back. There is apparently no way of expediting this and I was due to fly on 20th!

Oh well, I guess government departments of all nationalities grind along at a glacial pace so we must move on!

I am investigating other show venues and hope to be out to the good ol' US of A with all our lovely guns and cases before too long!

All the best,
Toby Barclay

Sidelock
Sidelock

Toby:
Sorry to hear this. But I've got a feeling that you won't be the only one missing this year's event. I shall try our first "Game Fair."

But don't worry. You can enter the USA easily. Just get into Mexico, stroll across the border anywhere there isn't a reality show camera and you're good... and you can stay for years! It helps if you fake a Spanish accent, too.

Almost forgot... the US will also give you Social Security benefits, free medical care, and send your kids to college at in-state tuition rates. What's more, you won't have to pay taxes! What's not to like?

Last edited by Kensal Rise; 09/17/11 07:14 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you are a British subject (citizen) you should be able to enter the US under the visa waiver program. This may not facilitate your bringing trade goods as you might have with a B1, visitor for business visa, or as a treaty trader, but it would allow you to attend.

J.K.B. von Falkenhorst

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Good news!
I have spoken to Bill Kempffer of Deep River Sporting Clays and they can accommodate Heritage Guns at the Fall Classic in Georgetown SC, 21st-23rd October so all is not lost for this autumn!
Still need to get the visa safely impressed into my passport but providing there are no hitches with other travel arrangements, we will be there with all our usual wares.
Details of the event can be found on the Deep River web site.
Southern Side by Side Fall Classic
See you there!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll be looking forward to seeing you at the Fall Classic!

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.