May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Argo44), 873 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,511
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#244751 09/20/11 08:00 PM
cgs Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gentlemen,

My company acquired the Miller Single Trigger Company in 2010. We purchased it mainly for shotgun work and never intended to investigate Miller's rifle set trigger very deeply. We have of late been researching and developing the single set Miller trigger in a Mauser action and are quite intrigued with it. We are seriously considering producing and installing this trigger again - this would be the first time it has been available in around 40 years.

I am hoping to get some feedback as to whether there would be any commercial interest in this trigger.

Thank you for your time!

Dan

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I do not know anything about them. Is it comparable to the Kepplinger that is currently on the market? What kind of price point? I like a good set trigger myself.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
cgs Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Steve,

Same function, different mechanics. We'll have to get a hold of a Kepplinger and see how it compares to the Miller we have installed in our test action. Price point is a big question mark at the moment, we'll have to see what the investment will look like in tooling up. I'm hoping someone will chime in that has had experience with a Miller that was installed by our predecessors. The one in our test action is really neat - the unset let-off is similar to the two-stage in weight but is much smoother with little discernible second stage. The set pull is nice and crisp with no over-travel.

Best, Dan

Sidelock
Sidelock

Coincidentally my late father worked for Miller Triggers on a part time casual basis back in the 50's. His regular job was next door at the Brubaker Tool Company there in Millersburg, and he would stop in after work and lend a hand. (Probably because he didn't want to go home and find out about the mishief du jour I had gotten into!) I remember him saving his nickels to have a Miller trigger installed in his Fox.

cgs Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gary,

Small world! Did he ever share any stories about his work there? Would love to hear them and you can email me if you want to.

dan@millersingletrigger.com

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.