April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (CJ Dawe), 1,058 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,124
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#248421 10/18/11 01:25 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gentlemen,

I've just hear that Jamison International are closing down their brass cartridge case manufacturing plant. Orders will only be accepted up until 4.0pm Mountain Standard Time, Wednesday 19th October 2011.

If you need some of their brass for any rifle you shoot it's time to raid your 'Emergencies Only Cookie Jar' and lay in a stock for your future needs. Place your orders on line at the Jamison Website. According to Jamison International they are not selling off the plant and hope to reopen the factory 'At some time in the future' under another name. No reason is given for the closure, but it seems evident that the recession is biting and many folks are cutting back on spending. That effects everyone including manufacturers.

Sorry about the late heads up but I only found out about this fifteen minutes ago.

Harry

Last edited by Harry Eales; 10/18/11 01:31 AM.

Biology is the only science where multiplication can be achieved by division.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is a link to the announcement on the Jamison website. Note that they will still be taking orders through tomorrow on their website, so now is the time to put in that order you've been putting off.

http://www.jamisoninternational.com/category-s/422.htm

I just hate to see a small business close their doors, since it represents so many hopes and dreams and hard work. I wish them all the best and hope it is just a temporary re-organization.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes it is a shame. I ordered another 100 25-20SS today, thanks Harry! The problem might be evidenced by that order. They have been in business for several years and their website apparently assigned a distinct customer number to each e-mail address. Which means I might have two. I was customer 507 today, not good. A few of those customers might be distributors like Midway or Buffalo Arms, but my guess is that the sales volume was just not there.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I could copy and paste 1878's reply above. They gave new hope to some fine old single shot rifles. I sent in an order for 25-20 Single Shot as well. They did a great job in bringing back .40-82, .38-72, ...
If Jamison doesn't come back we'll be back to forming dies with incorrect headstamps.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks to Harry, I also ordered 100 25-52 SS yesterday. I was customer 503. The 450 BPE was already gone.

My MBA wife reminded me that none of us on the outside will ever be likely to know what really happened & that it might not be market forces. She cited 3 local examples of businesses that did not need to fail. (1) A hostile take-over by a wealthy stock owner who intended to strip the business of its assets & cause the business it fail. That cost about 600 jobs & cost about 2,000 families their retirement. (2) Fiscal mismanagement & lack of accountability. The management of a successful organization used the organization's good reputation to borrow & spend $$ that could not be repaid. The firm was bought out of bankruptcy & continues to operate, but investors lost heavily. (3) The principal owners of a long-established small business were a married couple. They divorced & could not agree on a settlement. A dozen people lost their jobs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Waterman, don't forget illness/death of a principal and/or battles over succession in a family business. Doesn't seem to be the case here, but a more common small business failure cause than many realize.

And yes, "nasty divorce" often equals "local depression," in both senses of the word....

Very sorry to hear about losing this firm, or any small manufacturer, for that matter.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Let's hope someone picks up the pieces and restores their products to the market place.

MJT Offline
Boxlock
Boxlock

Spoke with one of the employees today to straighten out a mistake on my order of 25-20SS brass, never one to be bashful I ask why they were closing, his version was that the partners had different visions for where the company was going in the future, he did say that if things went well they would try to be back under a new name.
Basicly hearsay, but interesting.
Mike

Last edited by MJT; 10/19/11 06:41 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

MJT, I hear the same rumor of disagreement and that the company would be back under a new name. I hope that's true, they make good brass.

OH! Welcome to the Forum.

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

MJT Offline
Boxlock
Boxlock

Originally Posted By: Michael Petrov
MJT, I hear the same rumor of disagreement and that the company would be back under a new name. I hope that's true, they make good brass.

OH! Welcome to the Forum.

Hi Michael been around for awhile never really had anything to input that was of any value, not sure this was but it was interesting. I met Mr (Rick?) Jamison when he was a gun writer at a shot show in Vegas in the 1985 to 1991 time frame, really a Gentleman and seemed to know his way around firearms, I wish Him and His company the very best of luck getting up and running again in the future, as you say they make very good brass, I have some of the Jamison 2.120" long 38-55 brass they no longer listed on the site that is as good if not better than the StarLine I also use.

Mike Tremain

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.