March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Dan R), 819 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,015
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

This is a shock; terrible news.

He was my friend, a real hunter..... a man. Think of him when you carry a gun behind a dog.

Peace and comfort to all that loved him. If there is any way to contact his family, please let us know.

Clair

Last edited by C. Kofoed; 10/26/11 12:29 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Godspeed, Gena.

Rest in peace.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Krakow Kid
Birdog, that is a fantastically beautiful photo of Geno hunting with his dog. And it takes on a whole other mystical aspect with his passing.

This might be a silly question, but did he send it to you, or did you ever meet him and take it yourself? I only ask because I think a framed print of that for his family would be a wonderful gift, if they don't already have it of course.

I'm definitely going to make a print copy of it

Kid,
We exchanged correspondence and some photos over the years but I am not sure this was one of them. Geno posted photos of his hunting adventures, dogs, guns and friends from time to time on this BBS so it could have come to me that way. I will check back through my stuff.
I took the train from Helsinki to Moscow via St. Petersburg and we met for zukuski "small bites" of black caviar with toast & butter, pancakes , egg. onion, black coffee and vodka. Very lively and enjoyable conversation, we discussed -what else- guns, dogs, shooting and women. laugh .... but way- way to short. Took the Red Arrow on to Moscow.

Gennadi Charcot and friends had a rewarding day afield, NW Russia.
Rest in Peace Gennadi.

Good Shooting
T.C.
The Green Isle
Sidelock
Sidelock

Years ago I posted a request for information regarding a Belgian maker which was responded to with ignorant replies of JABC. Later Geno posted a link to littlegun.be and I found my first legitimate info.

It would be nice if someone with the requisite skills would post a link to this thread on the site in Russia that Dave cited in the original post. Geno's family might be comforted by how highly regarded he was on the other side of the planet.

I loved his thoughts on the red dogs and will miss his presence.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hard to say more about Geno than what others have stated. He was very knowledgable and always willing to share his wealth of info to any and all. He will be sorely missed.

I am surprised no-one has mentioned the live camera that always showed the wild boars feeding. If I recall correctly, Geno was the one to link all of us to that camera. Very cool.

Rest In Peace...my friend.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You are right about the cameras. I had that link in my favorites and had a problem with my computer. No longer have it, if anyone has that link, I would appreciate it.

There were other sites once you got in, one nice site was of eagles.
As someone said before, he never spoke bad of someone and always had something nice to day.
It would be nice if his family could see how much he will be missed here, and naturally there.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

From the Russian bbs

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

Prayers and blessings to the family.

That setter could pass for a show dog.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pete, thanks so much for the pictures. How could a guy like that just up and die?? What a guy and what great Red Setters. My Dad raised imported Milson O'Boy red setters back in the fifties and I hunted over them until I was in high school. I loved those dogs so much. I will write about Bill Wise and our discussions about Geno when I get time. I am just sick about Geno. Bill Murphy

Sidelock
Sidelock

Isn't it ironic that I had to learn of his passing via an American forum? Don't go online too often now, and that's about the only gun-related place I visit. Shocked. Speechless. RIP.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.