April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (smlekid, SKB, R. Glenz, 1 invisible), 808 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,832
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#250385 11/02/11 10:27 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I thought I would show the Forum Members and archive on this Forum, the duck and goose calls Geno made for me. I didn't want to add these to the Thread about Geno because I didn't know if everyone would view them.
This Certificate accompanied Geno's calls which he dubbed the 'Stravinski' of waterfowl calls, Very appropriate, I think and shows the detail that he pursued life with.
The call on the left is a duck and on the right is a goose. The goose is tuned for white fronted geese as that's what Geno hunted. They make a nice pair and took a couple of years to obtain as Geno had to get the materials from where ever.
Transferring money was a little chore as I had to use Western Union if I remember correctly. No problems with Customs on my end. I Posted two pictures with and without flash as neither process captured all the detail I wanted.
Anyway, I considered Geno a good friend even though we never met.-Dick

Sidelock
Sidelock

Beautiful work!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very nice. He did great work! RIP, Geno.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

According to the side bar, Geno is on-line now looking at these posts!

I like that thought. All of us here share a link and an affinity, through sharing what we know, think and do.

Jim Legg and Geno, both gone recently. Never met them, did not always agree with them but appreciated their input always. They both made an impression and a positive contribution here.

This forum does bring together some diverse and interesting people, many very talented and not a little eccentric. Lovely photos of objects turned out with real passion. Thanks for showing them, they are a fitting memorial.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for posting that. Well said, small bore.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

Beautiful work by Geno.

Since Dig brought up Jim Legg, it jarred a memory from a few weeks ago. I was driving by Jim Legg's last hometown in Utah a few weeks ago and thought of the times I shot with him and met him at gunshows, and the family members I had briefly met.

Rest in peace Jim and Geno.

Last edited by Chuck H; 11/02/11 05:29 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.