Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
CJO Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Since I havent posted much in the last little while, I thought you might find this interesting
Almost new Spanish 16 bore, with a stiff price tag I might add, I figured the innards would be a bit sloppy but this is a bit too much
Whos the maker you ask?.....well, Ill just say that it starts with A and ends with A

This is the correct placement of the sear sitting squarely on the trigger blade

The right side has a big gap, and a sloppy fit btween the pin and the hole in the sear, this creates a problem, notice I can fit a .015 feeler gage (thats 15 thou) too much

This is what happens because of the big gapand the poor pin fit, the sear slips out and it jams against the inside wall of the stock

Well here you gonot as easy as the pictures make it look but turned out perfect.

Turn a brass slave post and temporarily solder in sear in place to ensure perfect boring alignment

Bore out old hole

Perfectly bored oversize hole

Turn new tool steel sleeve

Turn new tool steel sleeve...lap fit inside and outside diameters, sleeve to screw and screw to sear

Trim sleeve to proper width (wider than sear) to take up side to side slack and chamfer for welding

Laser fuse sleeve ( both sides ) to sear

Perfect fitno lateral movement, also (not pictured) trigger pull needed to be re-set as it was too light once sear found its new position

Better than new....I thought!

CJ

The taste of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten.........
Sidelock
Sidelock

You do nice work but the troubling thing here is in this case you shouldn't have to. Did you contact AYA about this problem and,if so, what was their response?
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
CJO Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks...but who said it was AYA

for some reason the last images won't pop up

CJ

The taste of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten.........
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: CJO

Thanks...but who said it was AYA

for some reason the last images won't pop up

CJ

Sorry:
An assumption on my part. Why the secrecy?
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

There's a limit you can post image wise per reply/message unfortunately. It's very annoying. Maybe Dave can up the number to 30 or something. Dave?
T

Sidelock
Sidelock

Was the hole bored oversized to begin with? Why not turn a larger pin?
Triggers of pre-Accutrigger Savages had the same problem.Some people just shimmed them into position, but hey they're $200.00 guns not $2,000.00

Out there doing it best I can.
CJO Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

2000.00??....keep going, yes the hole was way oversize, turn a new pin with it's companion locking pin?? I'm not that ambitious, then again, how would you address the need for a better side to side fit

No secrecy...It's just a bit more misterious and interesting this way

CJ

Sidelock
Sidelock

CJO:
While your skill is to be admired, why not fix things the right way -- by disposing of this Iberian monstrosity and putting the proceeds toward a good English gun?

CJO Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Now,now Kensal....you know I like the good stuff, It wasn't mine to dispose of

CJ

Sidelock
Sidelock

So, the hole was too big, AND the shoulders were too narrow, or were machined off the centerline to one side? Two, possibly 3 machining errors on the same part?
I thought it was rocking on the oversized hole.

Out there doing it best I can.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.