April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (L. Brown), 1,092 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Normally it means it went through an intermediate, loads went to Lyons of Calcutta, best, Mike

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Terry Lubzinski
Having the chamber length stamped would put it post 1925....

Agree with Hugh Lomas and Terry. The 2 3/4" stamp would not be on a gun proofed prior to 1925. Also, from Bob Beach's list, it looks as if the SN on this gun makes it a later one than the first decade of the 20th century.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Nigel
Patrick: my T series is definitely not a best gun, but I wish I had kept a copy of the photo I found on the Cabela's site of the pair of T series guns made for the Maharajah of Sind.

Is this them? They were the only Westley, high grade, T series, made-for-a-maharajah guns I could find on Cabela's website. grin

Maharajah T series guns

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 03/09/12 10:44 AM.

I am glad to be here.
Nigel Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mike,

That's them! I originally mentioned them in a blog posting in 2008. Looks like they have been in stock for a long time!

N.

Nigel Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi Mike,

If the T guns were made for sale by 3rd parties, wouldn't they bear the name of the 3rd party rather than prominently saying Westley Richards on the barrels?

Nigel

PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, I am a little skeptical. Not about Westley making guns for the trade but all the T guns being retailed by others.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Epiphany!
All of this provocative opinion has now suggested to me the true destiny of Westley T guns - Trinidad Tobago!

Two "Ts"... how could it not be?

Indeed. These guns must have been made for this remote tropical market, purloined by space aliens, held in limbo at Area 51, then dispersed to the shooting world under cover of night!

Of course, a simple email to Westley Richards Co. could clear it all up. But that's far less entertaining.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nigel, the guns I have seen for Lyon had Westley Richards on them and the Lyon name as well, best, Mike

PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Kensal Rise
Epiphany!
All of this provocative opinion has now suggested to me the true destiny of Westley T guns - Trinidad Tobago!

Two "Ts"... how could it not be?

Indeed. These guns must have been made for this remote tropical market, purloined by space aliens, held in limbo at Area 51, then dispersed to the shooting world under cover of night!

Of course, a simple email to Westley Richards Co. could clear it all up. But that's far less entertaining.

My T gun was owned by a Maharaja so I never sent for a ledger page. I suppose he could have purchased it in Bombay or elsewhere on the Indian continent. I guess I will order the page and see what it reveals.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a 16 gauge ejector with 28 inch barrels and 2 1/2 chambers T8734.It has exhibition grade stock and fancy checkering but only line engraving as the pictured guns,very high quality Westley Richards marked. Bobby

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.