March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Borderbill, damascus, Jason Dubois, gunmaker, 2 invisible), 334 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,001
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Silvers Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Yes this is SxS shotgun related... I'm working on a manuscript for an interesting Fox shotgun and was sent this picture of a truck that probably carried it. Can anyone identify the make and approximate year? For now I've cropped the pic and blocked out the gents standing alongside, also the owner's name. Silvers

I AM SILVERS, NOT SLIVER = two different members. I'm in the northeast, the other member is in MT.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think it is about a 1929 or 1930 Studebaker

Sidelock
Sidelock

IHC is my guess, I stress the guess part!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Your picture appears to be of a 1930/31 year model International Harvester model A-1 Delivery with a cusom delivery body.....Note the hood side badge, front bumper, hub caps, doors and door handle etc......the spotlight would indicate that it was probably delivered as a Police Wagon originally.....?......Note the distance that the body extends past the frame on the back end......this is typical of a custom bodied delivery truck of the day......

Your pictured truck has a 6 volt nickel/chrome trimmed electric siren or specialty light setting low between the headlamps...?....The International factory horns were mounted under the hood normally on a head bolt bracket.......

Your pictured truck also had the front bumper changed to a later style, probably the result of an accident at sometime........

These pictures below are of 1932 year model International Deliveries and the bottom picture is a year model 1930 International pick up chassis with a custom armored body for comparison.....note different front & back fenders (extended side skirts) and the slightly tapered forward sloping grill shell on the first two '32 year model trucks.......

The deliveries had painted grill shells & headlamps (with chrome bezels) as delivered from the factory, pick ups had chrome grille shells and headlamps.......1930 and 1931 radiator shells were straight verticle with no forward taper, as is your pictured International........

Your delivery truck has a custom delivery body, which was common in those years.....bread trucks, newspaper trucks, bakery trucks, police trucks and milk trucks all had different custom bodies to suit their specific needs.....

Standard chassis 1932 International Panel Delivery model A-1 truck........

International Bread Truck with longer custom body....also longer chassis...

A near new 1930 International year model A-1 p/u at the dealers with early style fenders and heavy duty clincher rims etc.....longer chassis the same as the bread truck above.....

An armored International truck 1930 year model, custom built on a pick up chassis, note chrome grille shell.....this truck appears custom built from the windshield back, suicide doors and all........remember the 15 cent movies when you were a kid...?....How about 25 cent matinee's on Saturday if you were born in the 40's.....?....

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Doug nailed it in my opinion.Great pictures! Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

So...that badge above the louvers is the clincher?? Am I correct that the silver bar above the louvers is the International badge?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Movies were 10 cents when I was a kid in SW Iowa in the early 50s. We had two theaters, so there was competition.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chuck,
The IHC, or International badge is a larger diamond shape centered over two smaller diamond shape(s)mounted on the radiator shell. The bar over the louvers reads International If memory serves.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ChiefAmungum

The IHC, or International badge is a larger diamond shape centered over two smaller diamond shape(s)mounted on the radiator shell. The bar over the louvers reads International If memory serves.

Correct Chief, the radiator badge is called the "Triple Diamond"....also found on the firewall on some models like my 1948 KB-1.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A MUCH BETTER ERA IN AMERICA BEFORE ALL THE "__________"

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

My dad has a 1928 Studebaker Dictator sedan, so I didn't think it was a Studebaker. It looks like Doug nailed the ID of it.

Cameron Hughes
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.