May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (bushveld, 3 invisible), 262 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,505
Posts545,545
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks everyone for your input. As many stated, the reason I want one is for the smaller size of the Toe under cases, more for transport in the car than for anything else. Are the DeHanncases the same as Jeffs outfitters? They sure look like it in there site pictures.
I will post an add in the other section, maybe someone has one they don't need.
Daryl, are the Parker cases toe under?
Thanks,
Chris

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chris, yes , the Parker Repro cases are toe under.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I might be wrong about this but in general I have found that cases (not only gun but others as well) that have one or two combo locks are inferior to those that have a single keyed lock.

I don't know why, but Mexican and Hong Kong cases tha tfall apart quickly all seem to have the double-combo locks.

Sort of like real crappy double-sash windows have two closers - not one. I think it compensates for crummy construction and fit.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I( have some Jeff's green canvas toe-unders cases, for the money they are unbeatable

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think the Parker Repro cases were made by Emmebi.

http://www.emmebi.it/eng/index.html

Years ago, Jeff's had a line of leather toe-under cases that were almost exact ringers for the Parker Repro cases, but with no Parker label. I bought one for my Parker VHE 16, and it was perfect for that gun. Really a nice case, but not quite as good as the real thing. Emmebi cases are quite expensive and I don't think they have a current US importer/distributor.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
I might be wrong about this but in general I have found that cases (not only gun but others as well) that have one or two combo locks are inferior to those that have a single keyed lock.

I don't know why, but Mexican and Hong Kong cases tha tfall apart quickly all seem to have the double-combo locks.

I have several Emmebi cases with double combo locks and they are neither cheap, nor Chinese, nor Mexican. I prefer combo locks on my cases because I don't have to keep track of those little keys.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There was a fellow in the northeast who built custom toe under cases and, I believe, advertised on this site. His name escapes me now. I have one of his cases for my Dickson that is essentially an oak and leather toe under contained in the equivalent of an Americase with a padded canvas outer cover. It is quite over built and heavy for its extremely compact size. I think a gun dropped a couple of stories would be fine inside this case. Wish I could remember the builder.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Wish I could remember the builder.

Arno Werner?

http://www.wernerdesign.biz/products_gun_cases.htm

Sidelock
Sidelock

Really nice stuff, but I don't think so. I'm thinking this fellow was either written up once or advertised in SSM 5-10 years ago.

Edit: I believe it was Pete Kogut from New Hampshire. I could not find a website.

Last edited by Bob Blair; 03/05/12 09:51 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think that Pete's website is DoubleGunCases.com

Rich
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.