April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (SKB, Lloyd3), 1,068 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,858
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I went over to go and see the Purdey Bar-in-Wood I'm having re-stocked today. It's fair to say I was a little worried and disappointed with the wood. I've recovered now realising that these photos clearly do not do the wood justice. It's dirty and will darken up a lot etc. I'm very keen to get this gun and I pressured my stocker to get it down by the end of the month so that I can start finishing the wood and other parts! Excited but impatient in summary!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony,

The wood is very much in keeping with the genre of the gun, perfect layout. Red it up a little and it will be perfect

-Clif Watkins

Sidelock
Sidelock

Fascinating photos, Tony and thank you so much for sharing, as ever.

Tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony, I agree with Cliff.....the wood selection is perfect for the period replacement on that gun IMO........looks like the perfect amount of feather and natural figure......

So many folks nowdays use the marble cake Bubba looking wood that distracts from the gun and "screams, 'I am a replacement stick, look at me'..".......

Did the stocker pick the wood, or you.....?.........

Cheers,

Doug

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

In chose the wood...I worried badly but actually underneath maybe I chose right...I'm not expert! smile

T

Sidelock
Sidelock

You always have interesting projects in the works. I enjoy seeing them in progress then finished.

With a fine gun on his arm, a man becomes a sporting gentleman, both on the field and off.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Sidelock
Sidelock

What a job! looks great.

What is it about these old guns that draws us in?
www.firearms4sale.com.au
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony,

I was just wondering about your project this morning. Thanks for the pics. It is neat to see the steps. Would you please post final, pre-finish/oil pics as well as fully finished pics?

Phil

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Oh definately Phil.

I'm pushing him to get it finished for obvious reasons so I an get it back and start puttingn a traditional finish on it!

Cheers
T

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.