April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (fab500, MattH, canvasback), 492 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,091
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
LGF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am a solitary old cuss, with few friends and very few close ones. Yet like all of us here, I felt that I had become close to Tony, through his generous sharing of his work, his beautiful family, and the consummate courage with which he faced the tragic circumstances of his early passing. This has affected me much more strongly than I ever would have predicted. I have lost one of my few good friends, and will treasure his memory.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I,too, feel like something very dear to me has been taken away. He was a great person and I will keep his family in my prays. It is very sad that I will not be reading his posts anymore. Boy, will I miss them. Frank Halsey

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: LGF
...like all of us here, I felt that I had become close to Tony, through his generous sharing of his work, his beautiful family, and the consummate courage with which he faced the tragic circumstances of his early passing. This has affected me much more strongly than I ever would have predicted. I have lost one of my few good friends, and will treasure his memory....

Truer words have yet to be spoken. I've read this thread time and again, almost not accepting that he's gone. I'm almost glad Marie communicated her recent message through Doug. I'm not sure I could have handled the emotional roller-coaster of seeing a post from Ballistix999 suddenly come in.

A post caught my eye yesterday with a title that reminded me of what Tony may write, and I had a moment of elation - followed by the realization that it wasn't Tony's kind, knowledable, courageous words.

I keep trying to buy the hardcover book today, I guess, in an attempt to grasp that last bit of Tony.

I was planning a trip to the UK in May and was hoping to meet Tony, but didn't want to bring it up until we were closer to the date - not wanting to put pressure on him. I'm bummed out that I'll never get that chance - although happy he was able to share what he did.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm really sorry for the passing. He was kind and positive even in his last days.
R.I.P.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I just returned from a five day hiatus, only to learn this shocking news. Would that I had known him better, but his example will serve as inspiration for me always. Rest in peace.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony was such a talented knowledgeable Gentleman concerning Guns , but I learned much more about bravery and how to conduct one’s self in the face of death from him.

I am humbled.

My prayers go out to his loved one’s.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I heard of Tony's Passing as I returned to Maine, What a loss to everybody, but the greatest loss is to his Wonderful Wife Marie, Son Will, Daughter Izzy. I really wish I could have worked along-side him on a gun project. The"Trade" has lost one of its Brightest "STARS". Our Condolences to the Family, Tony will not be forgotten in my Workshop!
From Eileen & David Trevallion

Sidelock
Sidelock

It was a sad day.

Boxlock
Boxlock

All. As a close friend and shooting buddy of Tony's I would like thank you for your very kind words posted on this forum. Tony was a truly amazing and influential friend and his friendship knew no boundaries. I am lucky to shoot with one of Tony's restoration, a lovely Charles Lancaster with damascus barrels, a real beauty which I shall treasure forever more.
Tony leaves a gap that will never be filled. His positive, fun loving attitude to life leaves us with many happy memories that in time will bring back the smiles. He was great friend and an amazing man and my life is richer for his friendship.
Thank you.

Remember Ballistix999
Sidelock
Sidelock

Welcome Richard. Come on in and stay a while. Any friend of Tony's has to be a friend of ours. If you look back, you can see he was was pretty well liked around here and is very sadly missed.

I trust you're shooting the boxlock he restored the year before last?

Originally Posted By: Richard Smith
All. As a close friend and shooting buddy of Tony's I would like thank you for your very kind words posted on this forum. Tony was a truly amazing and influential friend and his friendship knew no boundaries. I am lucky to shoot with one of Tony's restoration, a lovely Charles Lancaster with damascus barrels, a real beauty which I shall treasure forever more.
Tony leaves a gap that will never be filled. His positive, fun loving attitude to life leaves us with many happy memories that in time will bring back the smiles. He was great friend and an amazing man and my life is richer for his friendship.
Thank you.

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.