May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (RARiddell), 706 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,509
Posts545,639
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

BBB, you have now made it clear you returned the gun but didn't get your money back. Despite the seller's hardluck story, he did sell it to Cabelas and received funds for it. Your money should have been returned.

It's clear the guy is a rip off artist and it is also clear he is/was a member on this board.

You have no excuse for not naming him.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bbb, sounds like like made the effort. Good to have the heads up. I kind of read it as you thinking it might be good to have some sort "watch" list and it doesn't seem like you're out to trash anyone. Doesn't seem to be any other problems out there, but thanks for the buyer beware reminder.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Dave in Maine; it's clear you perceive yourself to be quite smart; a know it all, I'll say.
Let me inform you of something it's clear you don't know. I never screwed anyone, and that includes myself.
Twice you've said something like "Coming here and complaining".
That's not what I have done. Look at the Topic of my post; that is what I asked.
And Dave, don't ever presume to think you could ever tell me what I should or shouldn't do. I mean you can type & type all you want on an open forum, but it would be laughably wrong to presume you could ever tell me I am complaining when I am not, not helpful, that I've blown this or that, that I'm guilty of this or that, etc., etc.
These are my last two words to you, Dave in Maine: good bye

Sidelock
Sidelock

BBB - What was the purpose of your first post?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: tudurgs

And when did you buy the Model 21. I have done several searches and have been unable to find one to tie to your troubles.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: tudurgs

Start a fight with people who had nothing to do with his problems, which are both largely-self-inflicted and too old to do anything about.

As far as I'm concerned, I welcome his goodbye and won't miss him.

Last edited by Dave in Maine; 05/05/12 10:14 PM.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave, correct me if I'm wrong but you sound as if you are a lawyer as the term you used isn't very well known to people outside the legal system. smile

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dave in Maine

....First, #6a I suggested above - have the FFL hold the gun until the funds arrived in his shop, then return the gun, would have been a very appropriate path. Instead, you shipped the gun without getting money in hand...

This one's a head scratcher. Where's the teeth. All that happens is it sits with the dealer, maybe forever. I suppose there's the satisfaction that the original seller doesn't get it either.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Its a done deal anyhow...so....Nobody else ever made a mistake? I would like to know who the seller was tho..

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: Dave in Maine

....First, #6a I suggested above - have the FFL hold the gun until the funds arrived in his shop, then return the gun, would have been a very appropriate path. Instead, you shipped the gun without getting money in hand...

This one's a head scratcher. Where's the teeth. All that happens is it sits with the dealer, maybe forever. I suppose there's the satisfaction that the original seller doesn't get it either.

Not necessarily. If the scammer doesn't send the money, then after some "commercially reasonable" time, you have the FFL sell it.

If you don't get all your money back from the scammer, you do get some of it back and the satisfaction of knowing that the scammer would never have been able to walk over to Cabelas and sell the same gun a second time. Moreover, if the scammer didn't agree to undo the deal, if you were to sue the scammer you would only be entitled as damages (in many states) to the difference between the sale price to the scammer and the actual market value (had it been accurately described), plus incidentals like the costs of selling it and storing it at the FFL, etc. So, the prudent course would be to keep it until he sent you the money, let him know you were doing that and would only keep it for a defined length of time ("commercially reasonable" - to my eye, 90 days looks good) and then would feel free to both sell it and come after him (legally) without further warning, and it would do everyone well - in time, trouble and money - if he were to come up with the cash and undo the scam.

Once you let it out of your hands (or control, in your FFL's shop), you lose all leverage and are at the mercy of the good will of a person who has proven - on you - that he is a scammer.

And, yes, I do that lawyer thing. Pays the rent and the ammo bills.

Last edited by Dave in Maine; 05/06/12 12:43 PM.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.