April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (smlekid), 1,150 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,841
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#276205 04/25/12 12:30 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO IS DISGUSTED? By these moronic TV gun shows? Not at all hard to believe the general public veiws gun people as skull and crossbone red necks. All I see is these fools blowing up things. I personally have no use for "black" guns, poly stocks, "platforms". I am pretty old now and I guess my kind of forged milled steel and walnut are over. I'd rather fondle my 85 year old Nitro Special 20 ga than have any of the new crap. Just my vintage opinion. Chops

Sidelock
Sidelock

Take it easy C'lumps. Same world, just different strokes for different folks. You're telling me you wouldn't have a grin from ear to ear putting a full drum on a Tommy gun and letting it rip? C'mon man, that could put a smile on anyones face. Lighten up. Ya, the shows are uber cheezy and I dont watch them....if they put some hotter tail on the shows maybe I'd watch, Lord know's I've watched more idiotic shows than these just for the sole purpose of seeing the hot chicks. :-)

Dustin

Last edited by LeFusil; 04/25/12 12:53 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Chops:
I have to agree with the above. While I enjoy my classic doubles I also like shooting subguns and the Thompson is one of my favorite. Keep in mind that the original 1921 model is now 90 years old!
Also please understand it's a full-auto "shotgun" of sorts and special shot loads were available that required a unique 18 round mag.
Anyway my rambling for the day! grin
I guess if it "goes bang" I like it.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm 64 and yes, I prefer guns made with blued steel barrels, walnut stocks, etc... but I have to admit, from a utility standpoint stainless steel barrels and poly stocks make a lot of sense. Just like I love the beauty of a vintage Shelby Cobra, but if I wanted one to actually drive and use, I'd buy a replica Cobra with all the beauty of the old Cobra combined with modern technology.
Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

What shows do you specifically mean in your thread? I like "Top Shot" on History channel, and the "Host"- Aussie Colby ---- whatever his last name is, was one cool dude on the Survivor show (which I think is pure Horse&^%$!!I also love my old worn blued steel and walnut shotguns and rifles, and when I first saw the POS weapon- the Army's M16 in 'Nam I puked-- still do today. Give me a Garand any day, or a M-14 thank you!! As far as the great 1921 Thompson SMG- yessiree- I've done a few with 20 rd. stick mags, but never a 50 or 100 rd. drum mag-- I also appreciate the quality of the early in WW2 issue German weapons-our 'Nam era "Pig" the M-60 MG in 7.62x51 NATO was a copy of the German MG-42 in 7.9mm (aka- Hitler's Zipper or Hitler's Zip Gun) for his high cyclical rate of fire. If the Krauts had the Stellite barrel liners for their MG 42's- well anyway!! Before I die I want to fire a Schmeisser SMG 9mm Parabellum with 32 rd. magazine and a Dragunov and a Barrett sniper rifle- and maybe a C96 Mauser Schnellfeuer in 9mm!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

The M-60 has more in common with the FG-42 than the MG-42, two very different guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I will admit, I am a blued or browned steel guy and wood is important to me. The shows I am thinking of, is when they place some sort of a charge in the target and everything blows up when you hit it. How childish, at least to me.......

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not for nothing the Germans went right back to the MG42 though they rechambered it for the 7.62 NATO and called it the MG3 to spare a lot of sensibilities.

Setting that all aside, I can take or leave the shows. Ain't none of the chicks taking off their shirts, so watching the shows and waiting for that won't work. I've got better ways to waste time - like typing on the internet

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

I like most types of guns, but for hunting I prefer traditional guns.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I gotta admit, I wathch Top Gun more than I ever watched Shotgun Journal.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.