March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (CJF, Jimmy W, AZMike, Hugh Lomas, eightbore, 1 invisible), 605 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,025
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

When the late FDR was referring to the "Supremes" back around 1937-ish- he used the proper term-- "Nine Old Men"- this is the way our Founding Fathers (not Founding Mothers by the way) had it planned-not just the mathematical wisdom of a odd number, with nine the pick, it would take the "Best Five of Nine" to declare a winner, just as when Rothstein fixed the 1919 World Series, it was a Nine game event then also--

Now we have women on the Court- first Sandra Day O'Connor, and what did she cast a deciding vote for that favors the 2nd. Amendment and the NRA???--I guess some would say- better Scalia, who is a dedicated hunter and gun owner,to be the Supreme to take this "Never tried a case in Court" broad Kagan out to a skeet field-rather than having Cheney invite her to a Texas quail/lawyer shoot-maybe!!!-- But I trust women and gun ownership rights issues about as much as I trust the towel-headed terrorists--NADA== Kagan will turn against legit gun owners and the NRA in a heartbeat, no matter how many empty AA hulls and powdered clays litter the skeet fields of DisneyLand on the Potomac--

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 04/29/12 04:03 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Holy Smokes! I had no intention of inciting a riot. Walt, thanks for the verification. Anyone with the slightest interest in Ithaca guns (I really dont think it is possible to have a slight interest) is well advised to order your books. I treasure mine, a gift from the now deceased JAZ of the #7 sbt. Chopper

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chopper, The 7E SBT rests easy among its kin.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well Keith and Jim, I don't recall details of other threads and who called whom what. I don't think I'm selectively responding, and I couldn't care less about trying to "protect" anyone -- only reacted to what I read here. Wish I could recall who once said about name-calling something like "It's the last resort of those who are bankrupt of ideas." You guys aren't those guys, but you can sound like them when you stray from the values, facts and logic that support your views. The bitter emotional stuff gets in the way.

Jay

Last edited by Gunflint Charlie; 04/29/12 10:25 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If she is now a huntress you can put the credit with Senator Orin Hatch for showing her the Pennsylvania long rifle built by the late great Cecil Brooks, a Lancaster County I believe. When she saw it hanging on the wall behind his desk she said she didn't realize how beautiful a firearm could be.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I for one certainly hope Kagan doesn't turn into the Hoplophobe that most expect her to do. I doen't think there's any question of where Ginsberg and Sotomayer are coming from as they are as far left as you can get. It will be poetic justice if Kagan spits in the eye of Obama as far as I'm concerned.

Jay:
I won't repeat some of the names I and others were called on past threads. They were in such poor taste that I asked Dave, the owner, to review the threads which is the ONLY time I have done so. I'm not even sure these threads still exist in their original form as the owner may have edited them out. As near as I can tell one of the worst offenders was either given a long vacation or permanently barred from this forum.
My interest here on a thread such as this one is simple and straight forward. To commend those that support us and condemn those who don't.
The bottom line is the preservation of our 2nd Amendment rights period.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm pretty naive so naturally I would be just the sort who would remember someone somewhere sometime saying that the keeping and bearing of arms gives us a shot at defending the other rights of a free people enumerated in the 1st, 4th, and 6th. We've got the guns (well mostly old doubleguns and the kiddies have their ARs, hahaha) but we don't seem particularly worred about the suspension of rights (vide Patriot Act and the "desire for domestic security") when it would demand that we shut our big mouths and put our collective foot down. Whyzat? More interested in the means than the putative end, I suspect. That's where I smell H Y P O C R I S Y. Stand by for imcoming factoid bombardment!!!!

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd like to oblige, but I have absolutely no idea what the hell you're trying to say.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The tent is already too small with both sides included in our ever shrinking world of outdoorsmen. We may not have the luxury of splintering the ranks, but it doesn't help for the left side to snipe like Winchester on MASH with unjustified condescension, while offended conservative side fires off salvos of righteous indignation. Takes a little diplomacy to get the best out of both and not the worst?...

Sidelock
Sidelock

The world has moved on, as Roland the Gunslinger said. The putative (accepted or supposed) end of a well-trained militia was, according the founding muthas, the necessary condition for a potentially successful resistance to tyranny (just no faith there in pitchforks and mauls against Brown Bess). What level of training with what "arms" would we need today to promise even the hope of parity with modern armies? Surface to air missles, tactical nukes maybe? So we all know the embattled farmers bit is getting a bit old on the shelf. There is of course the guerilla idea and we've fought enuf of them to know that there's a long term stinger in resistance with minimal armament which exhausts high-tech armies. But we don't want to live like rats so not even the best infantry squad weapon would count for much in the sort of freeze-dried, melodramatic resistance to tyranny which we glory in. Bunch of rhetoricians! I can't believe you're really only playing dumb, Keith.

jack

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.