Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Its 14 days and counting to the Great Northeast Side by Side at Hidden Hollow Sporting Clays in northeastern Pennsylvania. The event starts on Friday June 1, and runs through Sunday the 3rd.

www.hhhsc.net

Also a reminder, that the A H Fox Collectors' 5th annual Bo-Whoop Long Range shoot will be held there on Friday and Saturday only. Our Bo-Whoop Shoot has fast become the premier long range SxS competition in the country! Purse payouts will be made to the three highest scores/any gun, and to the top Lady shooter and the top Youth shooter. High scorer with an A H Fox shotgun will be recognized with our perpetual Bo-Whoop Trophy. Our B-W Shoot rules are posted here:

http://foxcollectors.com/My%20Forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3916

10 gauge 1-1/4 ounce maximum. And you dont have to shoot a Fox to compete!

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Northeast SxS Shoot at Hausmanns Hidden Hollow during June 1 3 is by far my favorite shoot! This is because:

1. There I met many of the Parker Association regulars.

2. I also met many Fox, Lefever, and LC Smith aficionados!

3. The course is much like grouse hunting in my native Pennsylvania!

4. One pays as they go. There is no inordinate entry fee or any parking fees.

5. Lots of vendors who desire to move their inventory!

6. I come home every year with a new gun, new friendships, and great memories!

I hope to see you there!

Link to Hausmann's: http://www.hhhsc.net/

Bo Whooping! AH Fox Bo Whoop Long Range Championship! One can use any SxS to compete for the purse but only the high AH Fox (or Sterlingworth) shooter may win the title!

Smoken...

Lots of friendly vendors looking to make a deal

Parker guys checking out the Fox guns.

The Fox Guys who do all the work!

Our Smith cousins

Dean and Dave Parker

Last edited by MarkOue; 05/18/12 03:09 PM.

USMC Retired
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lefever

Lots of action!

My Parker brothers

Yours truely complete with ugly sun hat and restored Super Fox. I didn't hit many targets that round but the ones I did vaporized!!!

My Minnesota friends flew to Hausmann's!!! Come to Huasmann's where no one's attire is considered strange!

Mike Koranda of Minnesota. Admit it, how long has it been since you smiled like that? All it takes is a couple days with your new friends!

Okay you undecided folks. Take a couple days off and have a well-earned mini-vacation with a hundred new friends that you will definately not meet unless you join us!

Mark

Last edited by MarkOue; 05/19/12 07:44 AM.

USMC Retired
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Lefever Arms Collectors Association is holding their annual "Uncle Dan Cup" shoot on the hunter's clays course on Friday and Saturday. Entry is free to LACA members, however you must sign up at the Lefever tables prior to shooting.
In addition the LACA is offering a Youth prize to the high scoring Junior shooter (age 21 or below) on the Northeast Shoot on Sunday. Any eligible make of gun may be shot. Please sign up prior to shooting at the Lefever tables.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: DrBob
The Lefever Arms Collectors Association is holding their annual "Uncle Dan Cup" shoot on the hunter's clays course on Friday and Saturday. Entry is free to LACA members, however you must sign up at the Lefever tables prior to shooting.
In addition the LACA is offering a Youth prize to the high scoring Junior shooter (age 21 or below) on the Northeast Shoot on Sunday. Any eligible make of gun may be shot. Please sign up prior to shooting at the Lefever tables.

In the interest of full disclosure I want to say that my 9 year old will be shooting this year. He will be lucky to break double digits, so any "prizes" won't be won by him.

With that said isn't age 21 or below stretching a "youth" category?

CHAZ

MIKE THE BEAR
Unregistered
MIKE THE BEAR
Unregistered

Chaz,
21 and below is certainly stretching the "Youth" category, but I've seen lots of 15-16 year olds, including women, who could beat me at Clays (or any other sport). You've got to pick an age somewhere. Besides, if 21 is a youth, that makes me less old!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was in the Marines at 17 and promoted to Sergeant at 20 years old. I lost my youth when I stepped onto those yellow footprints at Parris Island!

Most youth are not as fortunate as me. smile

Last edited by MarkOue; 05/19/12 08:25 AM.

USMC Retired
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: MarkOue
I was in the Marines at 17 and promoted to Sergeant at 20 years old. I lost my youth when I stepped onto those yellow footprints at Parris Island!

Most youth are not as fortunate as me. smile

My thanks to you for your service!

I was actually going to use that as a joke, my nine year old could be shooting against someone with 2 years military experience. I have no doubt I will not best the score shot by the winning junior.
CHAZ

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Just to clarify, a "Youth" is a person no more than 18 years of age when s/he shoots the FOX COLLECTORS' Bo-Whoop Long Range shoot.

All our rules for the B-W Shoot may be accessed in the first post here, second link shown. Definitions of "Youth Shooter" and "Lady Shooter" are listed. These are stacked concurrents, for example - a 17 year old female shooter with highest Lady and Youth scores, would be awarded both purses.

The reference to age 21 is for the Lefever Collectors' Youth prize.

DGM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bird Dogs Afield video taped some of the vendors at last year's shoot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf_INbVKstM

"When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk." - Tuco

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.