April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,059 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Don't forget the poly choke....

My first gun was a 20 ga Mossberg 500 with a poly-choke and no SN. Ugly, but I didn't know any better, growing up surrounded by repeaters. It went in the safe after I got back into shooting and discovered that guns can be had with two barrels. I pulled it out recently, dropped in a snap cap and when I tried to pull the trigger, I thought the safety was on - it wasn't. It took less effort to cycle shells through that gun than to drop the hammer. I sold it but I kinda miss it . . . .

Dad has a M12 20 ga. that I hope not to get for a long time, but when I do, that will be a fun gun to shoot.

I don't care for autos but there is something about a pump gun with a lot of field wear - an American icon, like GLS says.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's now official:

The only thing more popular on Doublegunshop.com than knocking Ed Good is...

PUMPGUNS !!

Golllllie Andy, it's time to go back to Mt. Airy an' burn through sum buckshot !!

I'm taking the day off an' goin' over to Garden & Gun.

Last edited by Bilious Bob; 05/25/12 11:05 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

pumps wid polychokes...now we really talkin some fine gons here...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

But of course !

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Doverham

My first gun was a 20 ga Mossberg 500 with a poly-choke and no SN. Ugly, but I didn't know any better, growing up surrounded by repeaters. It went in the safe after I got back into shooting and discovered that guns can be had with two barrels. I pulled it out recently, dropped in a snap cap and when I tried to pull the trigger, I thought the safety was on - it wasn't. It took less effort to cycle shells through that gun than to drop the hammer. I sold it but I kinda miss it . . . .

Dad has a M12 20 ga. that I hope not to get for a long time, but when I do, that will be a fun gun to shoot.

I don't care for autos but there is something about a pump gun with a lot of field wear - an American icon, like GLS says.
-- Agree with the Dad and M12 20 gauge-- My late father got a new M12 20 ga.- 28" Mod. plain barrel field gun in 1931-- older "perch bellied' style stock, smaller 14 ringed corncob forearm-- and must have been about the time WRA went to 2 & 3/4" chambers, as it is so marked on the mag extension. He shot it for everything, and then in 1937 he "stepped up" and bought a 12 M12 field grade 30" Full, with solid rib, and then shot that for everything- In 1953, on my Birthday, he and my Grandfather bought me a new M12- a 20 like Dad's- 28" mod, but with solid rib--and I 'retired' the Savage-Stevens hammerless single shot 20 gauge full choke shotgun they gave me at age 9--Still have them all in my possession yet today, but not either Dad or Granddad to hunt them with--or for our Sunday afternoon Spring and Summer barn pigeons shoots at area dairy farms--those boyhood dreams got me hooked on both Model 12 pumpguns and my love of shooting barn pigeons for wing shooting practice in the off seasons--

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 05/25/12 01:27 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

My earliest is a Model 1912 20 gauge, y'all all know that the 1912 was first made in 20 gauge and then later the 12 gauge??

It is sure a fun pump gun
I love shooting my 20 gauge Flues and 1912s at the skeet range and for doves.

Mike

p.s. I looked up Bilious

Definition of BILIOUS
1a : of or relating to bile b : marked by or suffering from liver dysfunction and especially excessive secretion of bile c : appearing as if affected by a bilious disorder

2: of or indicative of a peevish ill-natured disposition

3: sickeningly unpleasant

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed Good

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bilious Bob,I can not believe your rudeness, that you can say over an opinion of a type of gun. You can be sure if we were face to face and you disrespected a friend of mine and his family like you did Tony and his family. You would be on the ground.
My apologies to the rest of this forum but I really hated that comment and had to speak up.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Usually when people are bilious they are somewhat disoriented; fuzzy you might say and unable to see straight which gives them a distorted point of view.
I might be able to see things from Bob's view except I am anatomically unable to get my head that far up my a**.
Ya'll have a nice day..........
I'm just a peckerwood that lives in the Panhandle with too many guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

GaryW, No one has too many guns. On that fact my wife is much mistaken.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.