April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Jimmy W, bushveld, LeFusil, KY Jon, 4 invisible), 478 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,097
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I ordered my RBL in Feb 06 with double triggers. I'm used to double triggers, but I'm a lefty and have to have them bent for comfort for the left trigger finger. I was going to have the RBL triggers switched so that the left trigger is in front, as well as have them bent.

Rather than do all that, I was thinking of changing to a single trigger gun. I've asked the people who answer the phone at CSMC whether or not the triggers are inertial or mechanical and three people haven't been able to tell me. Also, I need to know if the barrels can be switched after the safety is pushed off. I always take the safety off first when a bird is flushed. I make my barrel selection next. My Ruger Gold Label prevents me from switching barrels after the safety is pushed off and that's the only fault I can find with the Gold Label.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Boxlock, I also shoot from the left side and find the standard configuration with the right trigger in front an advantage for lefties. The only bending I have ever considered is to have triggers bent for a right hander made more neutral. Could you enlighten me as to why you think it is a problem as configured as long as the spoons on the triggers are not specifically bent for a right hander? Regards, Jake

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Sidelock
Sidelock

The barrel selector is part of the trigger mechanism, so the safety plays no part in it's function. By all means, go with the single trigger, as it functions well and looks just fine.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

In my experience, mostly with English guns, the trigger spoons are bent to face the right-hand trigger finger. I've had several conventional right-hand guns converted for left hand use with some stock bending and turning the triggers toward the left hand. It's much more ergonomic that way for me. I leave the right trigger in front because the right barrel is the most open. My finger instinctively falls on the back trigger for the second shot; yet I have never had a gun so configured double on me. For right-hand shooters the left trigger is bent to the left of the right trigger to prevent accidental doubling after the first shot. Some have argued that the right trigger forward position is better for a lefty because the right barrel is more in line with the shoulder. The counter argument is that the left barrel has a small vector of lateral force away from the face and inflicts less pain on the cheek. On the latter issue I can't tell much difference either way. I have one true left hand gun (AYA #4 Deluxe Boxlock) that is a mirror image to a right hand gun in every way, including top lever, triggers and stock dimensions. I fire the left IC barrel first and never have any difficulty finding the second trigger for a followup shot. If I stick with double triggers for the RBL I'll have them reversed and bent so that the spoons face the left and I'll usually fire the left barrel first. Does anyone know if the RBL single triggers are mechanical or inertial?

JPS Offline

Originally Posted By: Vol717
I've asked the people who answer the phone at CSMC whether or not the triggers are inertial or mechanical

Mine are inertia - when relieving the firing pin tension pull the trigger change the barrel selector and then pull the trigger again...

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.