March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Researcher, Jimmy W, SKB, arrieta2), 786 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hoof Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Kensal Rise

Nonetheless, I can still have my opinion. And my view remains that 95% of all Spanish guns - especially "Uggies" - are junk and not worth the human effort to have been made in the first place -- let alone repaired.

No need to sugar coat it, tell us what you really think.

This poor old girl has been "ridden hard and put up wet." Please do not start a conversation about Ugartechea quality based on this gun.

I will do a comlete teardown next and see what I find.

Thanks,
CHAZ

Sidelock
Sidelock

I see no humor in ridiculing another mans choice of weaponry. It seems that Hoof has a fun and interesting project that I wish was mine to tinker with. Keep us posted Hoof and pics of the internal mechanism please.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not everyone can afford thousands, tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands on a side by side.

More birds have been killed with cheap guns than expensive ones.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Amen Chuck. smile I know that most of us old farm boys started out with a real cheap single shot that our Dads gave us. We really treasured it and most of us still have it in our cabinet.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

"...Looks like someone let it corrode badly, and then covered it up with Gunkote!"

With that as a history, before you do any adjustments take it all apart. Clean and inspect everything.
Check for damaged or altered parts and surfaces. Sounds like it's been apart already in the past. Maybe some 'enhancements' have been performed,,maybe not. Once it's apart and clean you can tell.

Many times a good cleaning will show you better what needs to be done to repair a problem and sometimes clears the problem all together.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chief:

I've read Weiland's book. Was not not impressed. By the prose or the subject matter. But I suppose someone had to write it.

Mr. Ted:

With all due respect, I challenge you to list five things the Spanish are internationally famous for. If shotguns is one of them, it is a sad state of affairs indeed.

I hereby withdraw from this learned thread. I've got a Stevens 311 to fix. At least the metal is hardened properly.

Hoof Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am teaching myself to restore old doubles by buying old doubles and restoring them. As I am in the infancy of this hobby I buy cheap guns so I am not ruining good shotguns should I fail. I have done some LC Smith guns, a Fox, and a couple Stevens so far. When I get stuck I come here for help, take my lumps for working on something other than a Purdey, and usually get helpful information.

Thanks to all of you in the "helpful information" category.

I guess I will be learning box lock tear down and assembly on this project. My first LC Smith gun had a problem I had to figure out which required me to assemble the top lever assembly about four trillion times. As much as people complain about that job I could do it in my sleep now. Nothing like learning by doing.

Thanks,
CHAZ

Sidelock
Sidelock

Kensal- list 5 things the USA is internationally famous for. Is "shotguns" one of them?

Sidelock
Sidelock

There is nothing wrong with Ugartechea shotguns.The higher grades are wonderful guns! Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Kensal Rise
Chief:

I've read Weiland's book. Was not not impressed. By the prose or the subject matter. But I suppose someone had to write it.

Mr. Ted:

With all due respect, I challenge you to list five things the Spanish are internationally famous for. If shotguns is one of them, it is a sad state of affairs indeed.

I hereby withdraw from this learned thread. I've got a Stevens 311 to fix. At least the metal is hardened properly.

Why didn't you just start your own thread about how sorry you think Spanish guns are, and respect the original poster enough to either answer his question in a helpful way or keep off his thread if you don't know the answer? You show a great lack of respect for Hoof by doing what you did.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.