April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (David Williamson, Argo44, Birdog, Jem Finch, SKB), 484 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,465
Posts545,068
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

1953 Stoeger Shooter's Bible--->Stevens Model 311 $59.95 Ugartechea over/under $225. Sorry no Uggie SxS listed for a good price comparison back then. I never held or shot a 311 to give an honest opinion of quality. smile

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Rise,
Unfamiliar with the Corrida de Toros, or Fiesta Bravo? Spanish Toreros are considered the epitome of Tauromachia today, and have been for many centuries.
Manchego, produced in La Mancha, truly something everyone should have upon his bucket list.
Segovia, no one will ever compare. Ditto Vincenté Amigo.
José Andres could certainly prepare the game you manage to kill with your 311.
It would be tough to find something more beautiful in all the world than Francina Diaz Mestra.
And, Sir, sporting guns, wonderful guns that run the gamut from utilitarian to spectacular, regardless of your narrow viewpoint.
Truly, Sir, you need to get out more. It is, however, always refreshing to witness an individual that doesn't feel the need to display his intellect for everyone to see.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've only owned one Ugartechea a very plain unengraved model 75EX sidelock 12ga with the most plain golden colored stock I've ever seen. It seemed to me to be built to a very high quality standard. I was on the verge of packing it up and shipping it to Mark Larson for a dose of his miracle art work and a refinish when I found a 1907 Lefever E grade ejector w/Krupp barrels at a local gun show and swapped the Uggie even for it, so my Uggie experience was first rate...Geo

Hoof Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Found it!! Grainy cell phone photo, but it tells the tale. Had to dig pretty deep (the action is empty) but I found the problem. Honestly, I think of myself as a hack, but who does this shit?? I don't have the correct spring, so I will just jam one that doesn't fit in halfway and call it a day. That bottom spring (the wrong one) actually looks like a top lever spring to me.

I hope putting in the correct spring fixes the problem, and that the incorrect spring didn't ruin something else.

Everything needed a good cleaning anyway, so it is good I pulled it apart. I live within driving distance of LCS so I will try them first for a spring.

Thanks,
CHAZ

Last edited by Hoof; 06/28/12 12:42 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well Mr. Rise; looks like your reputation SUNK a bit today.

First off, I never put a man's gun down even if I have a negative opinion of it.

Second, as a owner of four Ugartecheas and not one has been to see a smith, I can see you know nothing of which you speak concerning Uggies.

Maybe you will have a better day tomorrow.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If they don't have the spring, I'm pretty sure Cole Haugh will. 812 654 3209

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chaz,

Congrats on figuring it out. I'd love to see some pics of your progress.

FWIW, here is my junker Uggie doing hard time:

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Ted:

I shall, just once, break my promise to cleanse myself of this thread to reprise your most tasteless comment:

"...always refreshing to witness an individual that doesn't feel the need to display his intellect for everyone to see."

Now to reference your intellect: If you had some rudimentary grasp of the English language, you might have understood that I said "things" and NOT people.

In other words hard goods. Like Aston Martin automobiles. Krieghoff shotguns. Apple computers. You get the picture. I hope.

And Google up some wine crap. Spanish wine is as bad as their guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I will pull out my Ugartechea 20 gauge 1030 or my 28 gauge Holland model in any company and show them proudly. Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

In my opinion, the "most tasteless comment" did not originate with "Mr. Ted."

As to wines, both Spain and it's neighbor Portugal make quite a few very excellent wines. I guess wines and shotguns are built to different markets and to different tastes.

I am certain you can indeed Google up some "wine crap." It all begins with what you are searching for. You can also Google up some wonderful wine, just like wonderful guns. Looks like Mr. Rise is the one here that's searching for crap.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.