April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ian Forrester, 1 invisible), 368 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,791
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

Now would somebody please open a window?

"I stated to you on November 22, and again here on February 10, that I was not looking for anything from you. I stand by those statements. For these reasons, and for the reasons, which Sharpsrifle has so very ably delineated above, I will keep the case."

Mr. Vella,

I think you misunderstood my offer. I offered to make you absolutely whole for all your expenses including the duties you paid, and the cost of returning the case to me (which amounts to more than the cost of a new case as quoted somewhere else in this thread), but the case must be returned.

I did not offer to pay you $400 plus to restore, customize and keep the case you bought from me for $295. The day you got the case, you requested $100 from me to reline it and at that time I declined because I had no reason to believe that the case needed relining. This seems to be the consistent thread throughout. I now believe, even more strongly than I ever did, that it was your intention to at least restore and probably to customize the case from day 1.

I never hid from you or anyone else the fact that the case arrived a week later than it should have due to my error in judgement, and I did apologize up front for that and offered to essentially pay your shipping cost via a store credit. Would have sent you a check if you had countered with that, but since you are in CA and I am in US, checks are awkward.

Since you continue to decline to return the case, we are done.

Gentlemen, draw you own conclusions from Mr Vella's response.

I rest my "case".

Last edited by doublegunhq; 02/12/07 06:45 PM.

doublegunhq.com
Fine English, American and German Double Shotguns and Rifles
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mr Gould, It is you who misunderstands me. "I hereby accept your offer of a 100% refund as full and total restitution for all past inconveniences and costs." Perhaps this is ambiguous. What I mean is that I accept the offer itself, not the money!

What I mean is that the fact that you finally offered, is satisfaction enough for me. I keep the case, you keep your money. I'm not sure that it's possible to say it any more plainly than that! I tried my damnedest to close this thing with some civility. You just don't seem to want to stop casting aspersions on my character. Have a nice life!

Last edited by Ron Vella; 02/12/07 09:16 PM.

Yes I did misunderstand. I interpreted your response literally. I apologize for that. Can we call this quits now?

doublegunhq.com
Fine English, American and German Double Shotguns and Rifles
Sidelock
Sidelock

How deep in doublegunhq's grave now?

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

How deep in doublegunhq's grave now? Refund Vella's money and we can quit. However your reputation is in the Toilet.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

ALL STOP. NOW PLEASE.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Way to go gentlemen!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I ran across this thread over the weekend. Must have perceptively screened it before. I read most all of it. Too bad about the whole situation. Some reason, shooters can be a stubborn bunch. I have no dog in this fight (which sounds to be resolved). But:
A few weeks ago a gun broker I have done business with in the past offered to sell me a Philly Fox SW 16 restored with new case color, the whole nine yards. Though I have bought many shotguns in my life and own some dandys, I am somewhat new to this old double game. I asked a question to this board about how to tell if redone case color was right or a torch job or some other problem.
Russ Gould responded and I ended up in direct communication with him. I forwarded pics of the gun to him. He was helpful, gracious and gave me very good advice (which included buying the superb gun for 1,500 as fast as I could).
He never tried to sell me anything. He never made any kind of pitch and he was generous with his time and knowledge (which is considerable).
Everyone makes mistakes.
Happy trails, Jake (aka Craig Clark)

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Sidelock
Sidelock

Russ I hope to do business with you in the future.
HomelessjOe (aka L.F.Cox)

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.