May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (graybeardtmm3, smlekid, Argo44), 264 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,570
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
lagopus Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Peter Wilson age 25 takes Olympic Gold at Double Trap with 198 x 200. Amazingly he actually missed a straight pair or else it would have been and unbeatable 200 x 200. Lagopus.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

hello lagopus,
yes,wilson won gold for britain but i think you may have posted the wrong score.i watched the event and he missed considerably more than two.full congratulations to him nonetheless!
apologies if i am mistaken
cheers

mrwmartin

NA
Sidelock
Sidelock

Peter did a great job - nail biting stuff down to the last pair to win.
The 198/200 was his world record score in Arizon back in March. I think the score this afternoon was 188/200.
John

Sidelock
Sidelock

Peter shot brilliantly. Going into the last pair, he had 186, which matched the highest completed score. So, he could have missed both and tied. Of course, he smoked them. At the end, he dropped to his knees in joy and the incomparable Ian Coley, who has coached team Great Britain to many golds and records for decades went up to embrace him. Quite an emotional day all around.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Congratulations to the Brits!! Of course he WAS shooting a SXS; right?..............after all.

Sidelock
Sidelock

After years of shooting International Skeet and the occasional round of International Trap, when I see the doubles game shot, I can only think, "How do they do that?"

Sidelock
Sidelock

My wife very impressed by the "truss" ribs.

Just finished watching Hancock go strait in the men's skeet final on the iPad ap that Dick Dupl 1 describes. Much easier than trying to find events on NBC; missing commentary of course. I did manage to work out no. of shots per station without actually consulting the rules. I was amazed to find that the "International" view of the difficulty of 7 is about the same as that held by most duffer shooters and the no. of shots reduced to the double. Doubles at 4 twice over? Perhaps a bit much! Yassar fromn Qatar definitely the nervous sort; constantly quivering. Lots of other odd things: blinders on one shooter; strange super tight-radius pistol grips and a "thumbhole" that looks like a thumbrest. Despite all these new things to me (I understand the stripe and the delay) I'd have to say that every shooter looked more or less orthodox to me with the exception of Rhode in the women's final.

jack

lagopus Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sorry. Mr M, I just came in at the final moments and got confused on the score. He won and that's what mattered. Amazing that the Left Wing P.C. British Broadcasting Corporation actually televised the event! Good boost to shooting pity he missed the oportunity to say about the complete waste of money in building the shooting centre just to cost again to knock it all down and no 'Lasting Legacy' for the sport. Disgusting! Lagopus.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Couldn't agree with you more lagopus, at last count 30 Million GBP for all shooting facilities at Greenwich, all to be torn down later! Bisley is an easy and accessible drive for me, which would have been perfect and the facilities are superb. I will never understand this.

Sidelock
Sidelock

hello again lagopus,
yes,super publicity for our sport thanks to wilson etc.Surprisingly, he was given a fair interview afterwards and he came across as a superb ambassador on shootings behalf.A bit of light at the end of the tunnel ,hopefully.
cheers

mrwmartin

NA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.