April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,025 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
jmc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hello Larry - can you provide some examples of the SST problems you mention? Specific examples you've experienced? I think this would be useful info for many of us who have Repro's with SST's who have not yet experienced any issues with the trigger. I have a 12 ga. DHE that has seen a fair amount of shooting with no problems yet.

Chuck - I recall that a well known smith in Oregon converted a few SST's to DT a couple years ago but when I inquired, he did not have any parts left. I haven't looked hard but this post has got me interested again...Appreciate any additional info you may have for a source for DT conversion. PM is fine.

Regards,

Jerry

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jerry--Those problems have been discussed previously, at length, on this very forum. Sorry if you've missed them. Start a new thread, if you wish . . . but most of us have heard the stories previously. Most of the time, the problems in question can be solved with a good cleaning. In my own case, I had a much more serious problem with a 28ga SST Repro. At one point, I could not get it to fire both barrels unless I selected the tighter one first. I have a friend who owns several Repros, has owned several SST Repros, had one of them converted to DT (wasn't happy with the conversion and sold it), but now won't buy a Repro unless it's factory DT. I won't either . . . unless maybe it's at an attractive enough price that if I do encounter problems and decide to trade or sell it (once the problem is solved, at least temporarily), it won't take me long and I won't lose any money.

I'd add that I'm a Repro fan, at least of the 28's and 12's. (I find the 20's overly heavy for field guns.) Show me one with DT at a decent price and I'm interested. Otherwise, no thanks.

Last edited by L. Brown; 10/28/12 07:10 PM.
jmc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hello Larry, I did do a couple of searches on the forum before jumping in on this thread and couldn't find any info on the SST problems but nothing jumped out in 8 pages of search results both times. Your response is appreciated and gives me an idea of couple of issues experienced. I can also check the Parker Collectors forum specific to Repros for more insight instead of starting another thread. I'm also a big fan of the Repro and would also jump on a deal 20 ga DT gun with straight stock in a heartbeat.

Regards,
Jerry

devrep Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I think I like this scenario.

Originally Posted By: homer
At $5000. the gun would sell in 5 min. At $6k it would sell in 6 min. At $7000. it would sell in 7 hours. At $8000. it would sell in 8 days and at $9000. it might take 9 weeks to sell it. Ive used the internet, there are plenty of people with good money for good guns and they are not afraid to pull the trigger. The question is how fast to you want to move it. That shotgun doesnt need to be sold at closeout pricing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jerry,
I thought I read that Brad Bachelder did a conversion for someone on the Parker forum.

jmc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Chuck. I've read a lot of positive remarks regarding Mr. Bachelder's work and will check into it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith Kearcher is (or was) doing SST to DT conversions on Repros.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.