March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Licensed to kill), 745 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,013
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

7 dram gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've been waiting for his .600 book. Seems like a double deal would be great. Where did you purchase them?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Go to Calpappas.com.
If you buy both the 600 book is half off according to a post at another forum.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Go to Calpappas.com.
If you buy both the 600 book is half off according to a post at another forum.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

It also shows that it is half off on the homepage of his website under orering information for the bore rifle book. The 600 NE book is definitely worth it as well.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks, Guys. I'm really looking forward to getting these books. Like me, Cal is from western Massachusetts but was smart and scooted up to Alaska.

Maybe I should follow suit and buy his cabin. Nah, I'd fail the He-Man test and everyone would blow my head off and steal all my guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

BUT he's got a nice standing rest with a 50 yd rangre just out his front door! laugh

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good point, Mike. I'll have to give this some serious thought.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Gents:
Good day. My first time here and thanks for the kind words about my new book on the bore rifles. Here are some details of the book:
Chapter 1. 36 pages of history--users of the bore rifles in the vintage years.
Chapter 2. 21 pages of muzzle loading bore rifles, 14 rifles photographed.
Chapter 3. 37 pages of vintage ammunition, ballistics, reloading tools and moulds.
Chapter 4. 41 pages of 4-bores, 14 4-bores photographed.
Chapter 5. 61 pages of 8-bores, 27 8-bores photographed.
Chapter 6. 22 pages of 10-bores, 10 10-bores photographed.
Chapter 7. 39 pages of 12-bores, 12 12-bores photographed.
Chapter 8. 25 pages of 13-28 bores, 11 rifles photographed.
Chapter 9. 73 pages of the Bore Rifle Today: modern ballistics (11 pages), reloading (13
pages), shooting (10 pages), hunting (14 pages), where can I get...(17 pages), modern
history (9 pages).
Chapter 10. 34 pages of modern and non-UK bore rifles, 22 rifles photographed.

A couple of years of time and a good deal of money went into its production but from the feedback it was well worth the effort.
What folks are saying about the British Bore Rifle:

The books came today. Extremely pleased with both! Very well put together books and I really like the high quality gloss paper. Thank you for taking the tine to put together these wonderful books, it must have taken a long time. Also thank you for signing both. I have already started to read the Bore Rifle book and I am really liking it.
Charlie H.

Your book has arrived. And it was better than I could have imagined.I've written you a letter of thanks, but while I still have your attention, Thank you, my friend! Its a beautiful book.
Don W.

Hi Cal, Gary H. checking in with you today. I have some very good news to report. My Book came in is mornings mail. Life is good today. Boy, does it look great! I really like the heavy paper stock and all the color pictures in it. Great job in signing my book to me, very well worded and written. Later tonight, I will be able to sit down and go through it and do some serious reading. What a great edition to go along with my .600 Nitro Express Book. It looks like you have hit another Home Run with your new British Bore Rifle Book. Many Thanks Cal. All the very best to you. Bye for now. Gary H.

Thank you for the two copies of "The British Bore Rifle." What an incredible job you did on this. It is the encyclopedia for all those interested in these rifles. It will be some time before I have explored it all. The photos are uniformly excellent, and what a fantastic variety you have uncovered over the years. George H.

The book will be a collectors item for sure. Will G.

I read most of the book last night. I loved the history section; lots of new info I hadn't heard before. Rob S.

And you, too, will be pleased with the work! Im home mose evenings for phone orders and email orders are placed anytime. Dont forget about the discounted rate for the .600 NE book!
Cheers, all, and thanks for the kind words.
Cal

All order info can be found on my website at <calpappas.com> and I can be reached by phone most evenings at 907-495-4505. My email is <pappas@mtaonline.net> I now am able to accept credit cards. The only change from my website is I would prefer not to send the book by media mail. I've been getting a few complaints of 2-3 week delivery time and some damaged corners from the time the book is shuffled around the post office for a few weeks. And, USPS insurance won't pay for minor damage--only lost, destroyed, and severely damaged (unreadable). Last of all, my third book, the .600 Nitro Express is 1/2 price ($35) for each bore rifle book ordered.

Again, my thanks for the kind words. Meeting like-minded folks has been the best part of the writing, website, and going to conventions. In Dallas I will be at the African Hunter booth.
Cheers all.
Cal

PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I received my copy yesterday and stayed up late going through it. The amount of information contained in the one book would take years to pull together from various sources, if one were left on his own. There were many photos and they were presented well. If your a doublegun afficionado or a bore rifle fanatic, your going to love this book. All others take heed, the bore rifle virus is alive and spread liberally throughout the pages of this book.

--------------------

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.