Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
SKB Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ok, I know a few of you members have one. I'm about to recieve my action soon according to the latest email. How about a little eye candy to soothe my wait? Mr. Mann? I'd love to see yours stocked up.
I think their may be at least one or two more of you have one. Thanks
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns

You may want to check out the ASSRA Forum at this link, if your not already familiar with it. Good luck with your new project!

http://www.assra.com/cgi-bin/yabb/yabb.pl

"The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference, they deserve a place of honor with all that is good". - George Washington
Sidelock
Sidelock

SKB, I suggest you contact Glenn Fewless (of this board) as well as Doug, both have rifles as I do. Doug has mine now as he is putting a heel and toe clip on the butt. I think Doug has the pictures of all three and could post them. It is the finest piece of workmanship I have ever seen. If you are interested in getting an action, I suggest you order immediately as he stays back ordered. FWIW, Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

I like the Wesson rifle and the new action seems like one of the best on the market. I’m a traditionalist when it comes to single-shot rifles. I believe that they should look like the originals which is something I rarely see. Here is a Wesson, I’ll let the experts tell you if it’s real or not.

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

Sidelock
Sidelock

It would be very differcult to tell as the replica actions are almost a 100% duplicate . There are some differences besides the different propritary steels use for different parts. The tolerances have been tightened up considerably, there is a mann-Neidner bushed firing pin and all parts have been sent to a "Specialty " heat treat shop. Loading port has been opened to handle a larger cart. such as the 50-90 & etc. The action still has the one degree draft to the tangs and the three gree angled cut at rear of action for stock ears to be inletted into. FWIW, Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

Michael:

Is that your rifle? From the picture it looks like the nose of the hammer is turned in to hit an angled firing pin, ala Henry. Do you have a close up of the action? I would really like to see the engraving, side lock and the tang sight and base. Thanks!

Mr. SKB:

I am finishing one up and should be able to post a couple pictures in a few days. In the mean time, mayhaps this will ease your pain...

Glenn

There is no sacrifice too great for someone else to make.
Sidelock
Sidelock

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

SKB Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks gents....a bit of relief. My action was ordered almost 2 years ago and I just got word it is almost done. Did someone say Henry? My gun will be chambered in .450 #2 and will be the big bore dangerous game gun Henry never made. I'm going to key my fore end and have it engraved in a Henry pattern. Can you tell that I can't wait to get started?
Steve

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve, do you have the different Henry patterns available to you ? I have been sort of looking for them and would sure appreciate knowing where to find them. I have had one client want an old pattern but he already had a picture. Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
SKB Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ken,
I'm aquiring patterns now. I was given some pictures the other day of a Henry double that has the same style lock and a great pattern engraved on it. This tuesday I am going photograph a very high grade and extremely embelished Henry tip open single shot. I wish I had access to more Henry single shots to use as examples. I have both Winfer and Kirtons books and they have a little in them. If you come up with more info I would love to hear about it.
Steve

Here for the meltdowns
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.