April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
11 members (ClapperZapper, CJ Dawe, GETTEMANS, battle, graybeardtmm3, 2 invisible), 1,027 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,106
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I certainly don't, but I broke a tooth and had no choice. I knew my dentist was a hunter; we've briefly talked a little hunting once or twice. Today when he got through we started talking about guns and he showed me some photos of his SKB 280's (12 & 20) which he restocked himself (very well, too, by the look of it), a couple of nice bolt action rifles both of which he also restocked, and his Beretta O/U's (12 & 20) one of which he restocked. We had a nice talk and it was a lot more enjoyable than the usual dentist office visit!

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Boxlock
Boxlock

Dentists seem to have a knack for craftsmanship and detail that most people lack - their work requires a lot of detailed hand work as well as science.

My friend and dentist makes really pretty stained glass pieces and jewelry.

Boxlock
Boxlock

My dentist is a very beautiful young lady with an unusually large chest. I would allow her to practice brain surgery on me if she wanted to.

Vern

Every true upland hunter should, in his lifetime, have one good shotgun and one good bird dog.
Sidelock
Sidelock

My dentist is a brother Mick--he hunts with a Dick Cheney special- a Beretta O/U 28 gauge, also shoots SC with it- and as I have a M12 in 28 gauge, he gives me all his once fired empties for reloading. He is the only person I have ever shot preserve pheasants with who I have seen made a true dead a pair in the air double on pheasants, over a solid point, and with that 28 gauge. His dental assistant, the one who cleans my choppers every six months- also has a large chest- and a large tummy and butt as well- what the Germans call "Eine zafftig Frau" built for comfort--and he always has the Yuppie gunning magazines in the waiting room, the ones I am too cheap to subscribe to. And he also loves Bushmills on the rocks, now if he only played golf-- Oh well, can't have all your dreams come true!!

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 11/27/12 06:06 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

My dentist is a deer hunter. Like Foxy's dentist, his dental assistant girl has an ample bosom built for comfort. His waiting room magazines are National Geographic so I can look at the pics of naked natives. My appointment is tomorrow at 8:30 for a teeth cleaning and repair a broken tooth. grin

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

My dentist is a native of Egypt from a Maronite Christian Lebanese family; he went to dental school at USC and is actually--not kidding-- painless! And when he builds a bridge, it's for the ages.

But my eye doctor is a shooter (mainly benchrest) and savvies shooter's eye and vision problems--and solutions--REALLY well!

Mostly what you get in the professions down here is golfers. YAAAAKKK!!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

My wife claims to love her dentist; hope so, cause it's me!! She only tires of my constant and incessant subject of 'guns,guns,guns'. And as much as I enjoy my little mill and old Atlas lathe, nothing like high speed dental handpieces and burs for fine metal and stock work.I know a few dentists that spend their spare time like me, pulling a bow or shooting clays, but not too many up my way. Golf is ok but can't see wasting a nice day I could be working the dog or working a nymph somewhere quiet.
Different strokes........as some like to say 'Eat candy, support your local dentist'.
Ps. I hate going to one too!!!! Mine is good and nice, but has neither a good rack OR any hair!

"Sometimes too much to drink is not enough" Mark Twain
Sidelock
Sidelock

My dentist fishes built his own canoe and some woodworking, but doesn't shoot. When I am in the chair we talk (well mostly him 'cause my mouth is full) about flintlocks or wood canoes and/or bamboo fly rods - so its not that bad. In fact when my wife goes, she say he askes her what is on my bench

Sidelock
Sidelock

My dentist is a friend of mine who I introduced to hunting.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

You hear about the Buddhist who refused Novacain during his root canal?

He wanted to transcend dental medication.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.