April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Karl Graebner, David Williamson, SKB, AaronN, 2 invisible), 529 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,104
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#302062 11/27/12 05:10 PM
xausa Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I was nosing around eBay.de, the German version of eBay, looking at the scopes (Zielfernrohre) and stumbled across a new concept for me: two digital camera arrangements made to be used in conjunction with a scoped rifle. One simply clamps to the top of a scope, allowing the hunter to record what he is shooting at as he shoots it. http://www.ebay.de/itm/JAGDKAM-Recording...=item3a7ae1ef7b

The other device fastens to the eyepiece of the scope, so that the camera is peering through it, while the image is shown on a tiny screen clamped to the scope tube. http://www.ebay.de/itm/JAGDKAM-PRO-Jagd-...=item3ccbac2d44

I can't really imagine how the second arrangement would work, since the camera extends the length of the scope tube to the point that it would interfere with the shooter's face and would be highly unpleasant to shoot with a rifle with any kind of recoil at all. The other arrangement doesn't seem to have any provision for zooming, so the resulting photo/video would not look at all like the image as seen through the scope (unless, of course, one was using a 1X scope).

I couldn't find a review of these devices, so I wondered if any of our German friends might be able to enlighten us.

xausa #302123 11/28/12 07:11 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't know anything about this application, but there was a piece on one of the local TV news programs about a similar use.

A guy fell off a ladder, leaving him totally paralyzed. So, he designed and had built a system using a through-scope TV camera and a lot of other hardware that allows him to continue hunting deer from a blind.

http://www.wcsh6.com/life/programming/lo...Shooting-System

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Dave in Maine #302866 12/03/12 03:57 PM
xausa Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

An inquiry directed to the vendor revealed that the adapter and mount were produced in Germany, the camera and monitor in China (no big surprise there!). In response to a question with regard to the cost of shipping to the US, he simply stated that he did not plan on selling in the US.

I have to say that the idea intrigues me, not the least because I am still unable to use my right eye to aim with and I am constantly on the lookout for something which will allow me to aim with my left eye while shooting from the right shoulder, while keeping modifications to the rifle itself to a minimum.

My retinologist is still holding out hope that I may recover the vision in my right eye beyond the 20/60 (corrected) I am now experiencing.

xausa #303109 12/04/12 10:20 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good luck on that. Best thoughts and wishes for you.

One of my uncles was a competitive trapshooter back in the 60s. Had his own traphouse on the farm right down from the run with the pair of Irish Setters we weren't allowed to play with b/c they were too rambunctious. He had a detached retina that required surgery in those pre-laser days. A week or more in Wills Eye Hospital. His doctor told him he had to never shoot another shotgun again or he'd lose the eye. He sold all the shotguns and switched over to using a .41 mag revolver for deer, but you could tell he was pining away to shoot some trap and some birds.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.