April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Jimmy W, eeb), 1,158 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,842
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

A question for cgs.

As installed on a sidelock with intercepting sears, is the current version of the Miller trigger normally installed with loss of function of the interceptors as many (all ?) of the original Miller triggers were?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Can the Miller trigger be blued? It would look better on a Brit gun than the silver one in the pic.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mark...was Henry Adkin a typo for Henry Atkin?...never heard of Adkin...
Each to his own, but If I found a nice Atkin, or nice gun by any other maker that had the Miller convertion I just would'nt / couldn't buy it.
But that's just me, good that someone can put in a reliable single trigger for those of us that want one
cheers
franc

Sidelock
Sidelock

Had the single trigger been perfected first we would not be having this discussion. Once habits are in place they are almost impossible to change. Do you think that if a person grew up with a selective single trigger that he would be willing to change to two single triggers in the same trigger guard? Sometimes the order that things are invented are just as important as what is invented. Now you can debate aesthetics all you want and that comes down to blonds, brunets and redhead type choices. For me I rather have a wife with good land and a steady supply of birds. smile

Had the gas auto come along first the pump gun would never have been made. That does assume good shells are available to work the thing.

cgs Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A couple answers:

It is the tradition of the company to stamp the trigger bodies with "Miller". We would be willing (as the original owners occasionally did) to stamp the trigger on the inside, leaving the outside clean. We can also blue or color caseharden the trigger bodies if preferred.

The original design requires that intercepting sears be removed for the trigger to properly function. We studied this issue at length and there is no way around it. Though the loss of interceptors is regrettable, the design of the Miller trigger is safe and reliable and has been proven for many years. We have installed many Miller triggers in L.C. Smith guns and boxlocks, neither of which have interceptors, with no issues regarding safety.

Best, Dan

Sidelock
Sidelock

SORRY MARK...I have found out there was a Henry Adkin...I should have looked before I put my foot in my mouth:)
cheers & sorry's sir
Franc

Last edited by Franc Otte; 12/01/12 12:17 PM. Reason: change icon to "Blush"
Sidelock
Sidelock

Franc,

You are so correct adn I was in err. It is a Henry "Atkin" (from Purdy's) #413, 10 gauge, 31" fluid steel barrels, and an ounce under 8 pounds. Overall a lovely gun but I should have ran when I noticed that it had a single trigger. Nope, I traded up into the Atkin.

Mark

Last edited by Mark Ouellette; 12/01/12 12:17 PM.

USMC Retired
Sidelock
Sidelock

Shoot, mark,
you could a had me there :), as I just googlede Henry Adkin, & there was one
cheers
franc

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dan,
Good to see you guys expanding your line of installations. I'm glad this historic product didn't fall from being offered.

I love both my single and double trigger guns and shoot them both regularly, occasionally switching from one to the other during a day hunt.

Congratulations

Last edited by Chuck H; 12/01/12 01:12 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Can we find one for the good old Rem32 and forget the English junk.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.