April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Ted Schefelbein, Hal M Hare, FlyChamps, Skeeterbd, 1 invisible), 983 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,115
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Regardless of the name, no single trigger is infallible.

I have a Parker VH with an Infallible Single Trigger, and it works fine. Of course, I don't shoot it that much...

Sidelock
Sidelock

For an earlier poster: Model 32s with Miller triggers are not a rare item. Go for it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am looking for a Purdey game gun with a Miller trigger and will give a finder's fee if I buy it. The particular gun I am searching for has 27" barrels and is a 12 gauge. email me at wilmrph@verizon.net

cgs Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A note on aesthetics - the Miller trigger has been in continuous production since the 1920's and has a certain "look" associated with it. The majority of them were hardened and polished bright with the trademark stamp. It is a matter of tradition and this is what most of our customers request, they want it to be recognizable as a Miller trigger. Below is an example of a trigger blade made smaller and thinner. The stamp is still visible on the outside but, as previously stated, could be moved inside. The gun is a Francotte o/u .410.

And a note on markings - if you find a Miller style trigger that is not clearly marked as such, beware. We have seen triggers installed using swapped out parts from other guns, attempting to pass them off as the genuine article. These usually come to us eventually for repair - the parts are good, the installation isn't. Even though the trigger is simple, there are many important points regarding installation that the unknowing or untrained do not understand and simply overlook. Even if the parts are stamped correctly, we can reliably tell if the installation was done by Miller by looking inside.

Best, Dan

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: PA24
Isn't this why we prefer double barrel shotguns........?

You and many, not me or many others. A lot of my hunting in the upper midwest is sub-freezing weather, often mornings with temps in the single digits F. I need pretty heavy gloves in those conditions, not ideal with double triggers. I've never had a problem with the single triggers on my guns in 35 years of shooting doubles. Could happen tomorrow though I suppose.

Wonder why it so bothers some that others differ.

Jay

Last edited by Gunflint Charlie; 12/03/12 11:05 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gunflint Charlie

Why does it so bother some that others differ??

Jay

I don't think it BOTHERS ANYBODY what others prefer...

Everybody likes different women, booze, guns, geography, vehicles, politics, finances and so forth......freedom of choice, knock yourself out.......

Why do you think it bothers anybody what you prefer......?........

I for one, could care less what trigger set up or guns you or anybody else shoots or owns....or how cold it is where you hunt.......again, knock yourself out Jay........

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just my interpretation of some of the adverse responses re single triggers. Your use of "we" too, suggests that those who differ don't share the values of the double gun fraternity.

I for one, could care less what trigger set up or guns you or anybody else shoots or owns....or how cold it is where you hunt.......again, knock yourself out Jay........

Seems kind of a disingenuous followup Doug. You earlier post below doesn't read to me as someone who could care less about others' choice of a single trigger.

Double triggers are simple, reliable, not prone to doubling or other issues, such as "required tune ups" or field repairs......where would you put your money....?.....Isn't this why we prefer double barrel shotguns........?

Maybe I need some reading comprehension lessons.

Jay

Last edited by Gunflint Charlie; 12/03/12 11:22 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well Jay, I guess that's why we have hundred's of different religions, everybody reads the bible and comes away with a different interpretation of the same book........

There is no end to what or how people interpret the written word......sorry if you don't understand my meaning.......

What I write is my opinion, and only my opinion, based like you, on experience and appeal........

Most of the poster's on this thread have said they either like single triggers and have had good experiences or they don't like them and have had bad experiences......that pretty much says it all I think..........

I repair and restore a lot of guns for other folks and have repaired a number of problematic single triggers which has formed my opinion of them over the last 40 years or so.........

Did you understand the "Double triggers are simple, reliable" words on my post that you copied "part of" .......?...... The Meaning is: - mechanically simple....

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ok, don't knock yourself out trying to figure it out.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Foster
This conversion puts the value of the gun very low. It makes the gun unsaleable in the UK.

Cuts resale value here...

Single triggers have no place on an English SxS they are nasty looking....down right despicable.

Might as well have a semi-automatic.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.